Sr. Business Operations Analyst (Bellevue)
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
At a Glance
- 100M+ Downloads
- 20M+ monthly users
- Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
Team Charter: The Business Operations team (BizOps) partners with OfferUp’s executive team and cross-functional leaders to drive key strategic initiatives, address critical business challenges, and develop and execute strategies accelerating growth opportunities for OfferUp.
About the role:
Are you an experienced business-focused analyst and want to work at one of Seattle’s most successful startups? OfferUp is currently seeking an experienced analyst to join the BizOps team and support data-driven decision making and influence product strategy across the company.
In this role, your proven business acumen and analytical mindset will drive product and company strategy. You will lead complex analyses and synthesize large data sets into meaningful and actionable insights that you will present to senior executives and product teams. We are looking for an excellent critical thinker with strong quantitative skills. Intellectual curiosity, comfort with ambiguity, and the ability to roll up one’s sleeves are essential for this role.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Conduct in-depth analysis of our various businesses and dive deep into key value drivers to identify improvement areas and opportunities
- Deliver strategic projects for leadership that provide high impact insights for key initiatives
- Communicate key data and findings to audiences of all levels
- Partner with the product teams to define success criteria of new product features and measure feature performance against those criteria
- Measure and analyze experiments
- Create dashboards to support self-service insights for new business initiatives and features
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- All OfferUp employees are required to receive Covid-19 vaccinations unless an employee is in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief
- 3 – 5 years of work experience in a business planning or strategy related role with an emphasis on quantitative skills
- Insane business curiosity. Skilled at breaking down complex business or product questions from all possible angles to garner key insights. You enjoy using data to answer challenging questions that inform key business decisions
- Exceptional analytical skills with high business acumen. Strong familiarity with leveraging data to address challenging business questions. Ability to think comprehensively with high attention to detail. You have experience with cohort analysis, modeling, data visualization tools, excel, and SQL
- Autonomous problem solver. You can independently lead complex, cross-functional, and highly visible projects. You inspire trust from your business partners
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multitask and juggle multiple projects with shifting priorities. You are scrappy and resourceful; you know how to do more with less
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You can synthesize complex analytic results, present actionable findings in compelling visual formats, and communicate them effectively to a broad audience
Helpful, but not required
- BA/BS degree in Economics, Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field strongly preferred
- Background in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, strategy, or an operational or growth role within a technology company
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
OfferUp’s success is centered in our ability to build community and empower everyone to connect and prosper. Inclusion is central to our concept of a healthy community and our company’s values are centered in diversity. We are fully committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience. The celebration of our identities fuels our innovation and connects us to our customers and the communities we serve.