Knowledge Base Specialist
OfferUp’s mission is to build the largest, simplest and most trustworthy local marketplace. The free app for iOS and Android helps sellers quickly post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and lets buyers easily browse what’s nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
OfferUp is seeking a writer / knowledge base specialist (KBS) to deliver excellent content that prepares the Customer Experience org (CX) to support the OfferUp community.
- Partners with internal stakeholders to understand new app features, new workstreams, and tool and process changes.
- Advocates for solutions that will make CX and the OfferUp community successful.
- Delivers and maintains accurate, relevant, and user-friendly knowledge base content.
- Helps manage the knowledge base and define the content delivery strategy.
The successful candidate is a skilled, intellectually curious, deadline-driven writer, editor, and project manager who is thorough, analytical, and undaunted by fast-paced change.
What you will do:
- Partner closely with senior stakeholders, business teams, and CX operations team members to translate complex processes into simple, end-user-focused solutions.
- Create clear, efficient, compelling knowledge content within team style guidelines.
- Anticipate operations team needs, and work with business teams to develop content that drives engagement and decreases ticket handling time.
- Update content and communicate changes as data and business needs change.
- Manage communication between the business and operations to deliver policy and process changes clearly, concisely, and on time.
- Juggle multiple stakeholders and projects.
- Develop deep knowledge of the KB content and take on ownership of content for assigned functional areas.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders and functional teams to solve complex problems through content.
- Maintain the taxonomy and information architecture used for structuring content in the knowledge base.
- Facilitate and/or perform regular content audits.
- Manage intake of knowledge management requests.
- Present on knowledge base usage to new agents.
- Provide ongoing qualitative and quantitative measurements of content scope, effectiveness, and usage.
- Partner with QA and training teams to ensure alignment.
- Participate in the continuous evolution of the content management program.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 3+ years of relevant content management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Sound editorial judgment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change within a fast-paced environment
- High level of business acumen
- Ability to synthesize complex processes into simple and engaging language
- Demonstrated skills and success in process improvement design and workflow analysis
- Project management experience
- Experience in a role with a strong customer focus
- Demonstrated proficiency in instructional writing. You will be asked to:
– Provide 2-3 relevant writing samples
– Complete a timed writing test
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English, or related field
- Experience with content management systems; experience supporting operations teams; familiarity with Confluence and JIRA; and background in information architecture, user experience, or user research are pluses.
- Proficiency in data analysis and data-based decision making