Content Writer II, CS Operations (Bellevue)
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
At a Glance
- 100M+ Downloads
- 20M+ monthly users
- Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
About the role:
OfferUp is looking for an experienced content writer to craft online, public-facing help content that is concise, simple, and actionable, as well as assist in writing error messages and UI text for our consumer website, app, and partner portal.
What we love about this role:
- You will work across many departments to understand our customers and our products.
- You will be the key creator of content to support new feature launches that will impact millions of customers!
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Translate feature and product details into easy-to-understand support content that engages and empowers customers.
- Collaborate with UX, Customer Support, and Product teams to understand product functionality, requirements, and customer support needs.
- Use data on Help Center usage to make measurable improvements to help articles and search results.
- Review content with stakeholders to gather feedback and ensure accuracy and alignment.
- Work with the UX and Product teams to write UI text and error messages.
- Work with the Customer Support team and the Engineering team to prepare and test final help content for publishing.
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- Bachelors in English, Creative writing, Journalism, or related field
- 3+ years content creation and copywriting experience for customer facing support content for a consumer product.
- Experience with one or more content management products such as Zendesk or WordPress.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to get stakeholder feedback and alignment.
- All OfferUp employees are required to receive Covid-19 vaccinations unless an employee requires an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
OfferUp’s success is centered in our ability to build community and empower everyone to connect and prosper. Inclusion is central to our concept of a healthy community and our company’s values are centered in diversity. We are fully committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience. The celebration of our identities fuels our innovation and connects us to our customers and the communities we serve.