Escalations Supervisor – Customer Support
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
At a Glance
- 100M+ Downloads
- 20M+ monthly users
- Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
About the role:
OfferUp is seeking an experienced Customer Service Supervisor to grow its escalations team. This role is pivotal in defining our offerings for customers across the country. If you are curious, customer obsessed, and highly motivated with experience in e-commerce customer service, payments and/or risk experience, this might be the role for you!
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- While always placing the customer first, lead the team to drive results by executing daily, weekly, and monthly targets in support of operating objectives.
- Hire, develop, lead and inspire a growing team to support continued aggressive growth.
- Constantly strive to increase the team around talent, execution, process and goals.
- Respond to, review, supervise, and resolve high-impact escalations.
- Take ownership in creating standard operating procedures, process controls, recommend revisions, and ensure alignment with customer support requirements.
- Analyze existing policy and process gaps assessment methodology, and develop solutions to close them.
- Maintain subject matter expertise and current industry knowledge to operationally execute customer service programs.
- Comfortable using data to analyze trends, predict then fix and solve problems.
- Participate in quality reconciliations.
- Initiate and drive production and projects.
- Collaborate, and develop cross-functional partnerships with internal teams.
- Actively engage with leadership to ensure all are kept apprised of change.
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- 1-3+ years in a lead related role.
- Experience in customer service, risk, fraud and/or payments environment.
- Strong team leadership, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Problem-solving mindset.
- Exceptional and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to coach teams to success.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, evenings and varying shifts.
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing environment.
- Self-motivation and ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice.
- Instinctive curiosity and desire to dig deeper into details.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner with incomplete or ambiguous information.
- Ability to effectively manage time, and individually prioritize multiple tasks of competing priority.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and data security standards.
- Ability to tell the story of their research, putting together presentations to convey key objectives.
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
OfferUp’s success is centered in our ability to build community and empower everyone to connect and prosper. Inclusion is central to our concept of a healthy community and our company’s values are centered in diversity. We are fully committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience. The celebration of our identities fuels our innovation and connects us to our customers and the communities we serve.