Learning and Development Specialist (Bellevue)
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate, experienced learning and development specialist to join the Customer Support Training Team and take our training to the next level. L&D Specialists are responsible for designing and developing training programs that support our outsourced Partner Trainers. This includes delivering Train-the-Trainer programs virtually or on site. L&D Specialists become product experts on one or more internal lines of business and are on the look out for how we can maintain our business goals where learning is a viable solution. A successful candidate thrives in a constantly changing environment, has a passion for OfferUp, its company culture and is obsessed with customer service.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Design and develop content according to a systematic instructional design methodology.
- Design, develop and maintain job aids, quizzes and valid learner assessments.
- Maintain ongoing evaluation and maintenance of specified CS Training Programs by continually assessing Quality Assurance, test scores and class feedback, modifying content for optimal outcomes.
- Deliver impactful Train-the-Trainers to our Partner Trainers.
- Ensure Partner Trainer success by providing coaching and feedback about training to Sitel.
- Maintain status of ‘content expert’ for a given domain of expertise.
- Maintain up to date, functional knowledge of OfferUp product and CS tools (Zendesk, Admin)
- Contribute as a team player to shared content, improved processes and evolve ways of making Learning and Development more effective. Attends team meetings.
- Deliver courses to internal audiences as needed.
- Support learning efforts in the other parts of the business as needed.
- Maintain the position of a role model within the company, as the face of OfferUp to trainees in the classroom, and to the wider OfferUp team.
- Available and approachable to team members in and out of the classroom. Proactively engage with Partner trainers and other learning and development specialists, fostering a positive learning environment of trust and respect.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Use clear, professional written communication for training documents and facilitator guides, as well as general communication involved in team work.
You’ll thrive in this role if you are/have: (All OfferUp employees are required to receive Covid-19 vaccinations unless an employee is in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason or because of a sincerely held religious belief.)
- Able to collaborate with teammates in-person and remotely, across many departments and levels, all working together toward common goals.
- Able to work independently, using strong time management and organizational skills to effectively manage a large and ever-changing workload and business needs.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient working knowledge of Google Suite (including Docs, Sheets, and Slides).
- 2+ years of training and instructional design experience preferred.
- Proven classroom management experience and an interest in adult learning theory with a passion for learning, adult education and a growth mindset.
- Experience in a Customer Service Operations environment is a plus.
- Nice to have: experience or passion for an LMS and/or training creation tool, such as Litmos.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.