Senior Sales Enablement Trainer (Bellevue)
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate, experienced Sales Enablement Trainer and Project Manager to join the Sales Enablement Team and take our sales training to the next level. The Sales Enablement Trainer is responsible for designing and developing, delivering, maintaining, and scheduling training programs for new and existing employees of the sales organization at OfferUp. This includes delivering programs virtually and on-site. The Sales Enablement Trainer will become an expert on our products as well as our sales process, prospecting, discovery, presentation skills, value-selling, and other programs/tools/resources relative to the Account Executive and Account Manager roles. A successful candidate thrives in a constantly changing environment, has a passion for OfferUp, its company culture, and is obsessed with all things sales.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Design, develop, and maintain sales enablement content and ensure content is up-to-date and relevant in all role-based curriculums and systems.
- Deliver impactful sales training to the OfferUp sales teams. Proactively manage internal sign-offs and reviews from Head of Sales Enablement and other Senior Sales leaders.
- Responsible for training of partner teams on all ‘sales’ related requests.
- Maintain up to date functional knowledge of OfferUp products, and the status of ‘content and process expert’ for all sales programs.
- Own New Hire Training (onboarding) programs, including the scheduling, delivery and updating of content, and support for new sales hires through coaching/mentoring activities. Manage mentor programs and onboard new mentors.
- Utilize analytics to determine training and content effectiveness and make adjustments to drive successful outcomes.
- Build and facilitate practice and certification exercises, develop and maintain job aids, e-learning, quizzes, and final learner assessments.
- Gather continuous feedback and own the ongoing evaluation and maintenance of the training programs by communicating with the Head of Sales Enablement and other Senior Sales leaders.
- Improve training effectiveness by participating in development of new approaches, techniques, and materials.
- Plan and facilitate sales enablement communications to keep the teams abreast of best practices and changes to programs, products and processes.
- Coordinate and program manage our Sales Kickoff Events (SKO).
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Use clear, professional written communication for training documents and facilitator guides, as well as general communication involved in teamwork.
You’ll thrive in this role if you have: (All OfferUp employees are required to receive Covid-19 vaccinations unless an employee is in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.)
- 5+ years of sales training experience preferred
- 5+ years of sales enablement curriculum and content development environment
- Deep knowledge of adult learning principles (application for Sales a plus)
- Strategic sales enablement planning and implementation experience
- Proven classroom management experience and in interest in adult learning theory with a passion for learning, adult education, and a growth mindset
- Comfortable engaging and communicating with all levels
Helpful, but not required
- Working knowledge of the automotive and digital advertising industry.
- Familiarity with Challenger sales methodology (or similar).
- Ability to collaborate with teammates in-person and remotely, across many departments and levels, all working together toward common goals.
- Ability to work independently, using strong time management and organizational skills to effectively manage a large and ever-changing workload and business needs.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient working knowledge of Google Suite (including Docs, Sheets, and Slides), Salesforce.com, Camtasia and Captivate.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.