Director, Software Development Quality Assurance (Mexico City, MX)
This opening is in Mexico City, MX. Please ensure you submitted your resume is in English, for review.
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users
- 100M+ Downloads
- 20M+ monthly users
- Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
About the role:
The QA department is responsible for the overall quality of all OfferUp products and services. You will be a founding member that not only helps us take quality to the next level but helps us build an office in our brand new Mexico location.
We are looking for a seasoned Director, Quality Assurance to help build and lead a QA Engineering department. This new department’s mission will be focused on raising the bar on OfferUp’s overall product quality. This role will be employed through ServiAP on behalf of OfferUp.
In this role, you will foster a quality first culture focused on iteratively improving our product quality. You will be responsible for our overall quality strategy that spans manual/automated testing practices, tools, processes, and test environments. This will require defining quality based metrics and bring visibility on progress across the organization. In addition, you will support the career growth and development of our entire QA team.
You must be highly motivated with a history of success building out QA teams, a strong track record of implementing quality processes and be comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Build and lead a team of highly performant QA/SDETs and leaders that will help ship products
- Own, oversee, and drive the quality of large-scale software applications, systems, platforms, services, and technologies for OfferUp Products
- Define and provide visibility into progress on quality-based metrics
- Recruit great QA engineers in collaboration with OfferUp’s recruiting team
- Mentor and help develop QA engineers and managers, helping them advance in their careers
- Champion operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- 10+ years of relevant QA work experience with test automation and 5+ hands-on management experience; including management of multiple teams
- Comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and meticulousness
- A track record of partnering with recruiting to build incredible QA teams
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers, including individual contributors and people managers
- Been actively involved in setting QA strategy
- Experience with standard QA and development tools
- Expertise in black box and grey box testing methodologies
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken (fluency in English required)
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.