Engineering Manager II – Integrity (@Remote)
About the Role:
OfferUp is looking for an Engineering Manager II to lead efforts for the Integrity team. The team builds systems that detect and prevent fraudulent behavior in our marketplace. These systems help to maintain our community guidelines and support our partner team’s growth and business strategies. The key problems we focus on are Account takeovers, Phishing, Payment chargebacks, and Prohibited Items.In this role, you will lead a high-functioning team of backend/frontend engineers. You will foster an engineering culture focused on learning and rapid validation of ideas through experimentation. As an engineering leader, you will support the career growth and development of our engineers. You will also collaborate with our product, design, DevOps, and data science teams to design and improve our customer experience.
- Build and lead the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical quality, reliability, and ease-of-use
- Own, oversee, and delegate the design, architecture, development, testing, deployment, and delivery of large-scale software applications, systems, platforms, services, or technologies.
- Recruit great engineers in collaboration with OfferUp’s recruiting team
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Champion operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
- Operate strategically and tactically
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- 7+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 2+ hands-on management experience
- Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
- Been actively involved in setting product strategy
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.