OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android helps sellers quickly post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and lets buyers easily browse what’s nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
OfferUp is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to help lead one of our Core Marketplace teams. The Core Marketplace team is responsible for building the listing, searching and buying experience at OfferUp, along with partnering with other teams to support our growth and safety strategy. This team owns critical services like chat, feed, search, notifications etc.
In this role, you will lead a high functioning team of backend/frontend engineers. You will foster an engineering culture focussed on learning and rapid validation of ideas through experimentation. As an engineering leader you will support the career growth and development of our engineers. You will also collaborate with our product, design, SRE, data science teams to design and improve our customer experience.
- Build and lead engineering team in achieving a high level of technical quality, reliability, and ease-of-use
- Own, oversee, and delegate the design, architecture, development, testing, deployment, and delivery of large-scale software applications, systems, platforms, services or technologies.
- Recruit great engineers, in collaboration with OfferUp’s recruiting team
- Develop engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Champion operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
- Operate strategically and tactically
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- 7+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 2+ hands-on management experience
- Exceptional coding abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers
- Been actively involved in setting product strategy
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams