Junior Software Development Engineer – Frontend, Advertising Team (@Remote, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico, Peru)
About the role:
OfferUp is a rapidly growing mobile marketplace for local buying and selling. Our Advertising Team is seeking a talented Junior Frontend Development Engineer to join our team and help us create innovative, world-class advertising solutions. As a Junior Developer on our Advertising Team, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining our web and mobile advertising features and technologies.
This role is only available outside the US and not available to any individual based within the US or any US territory.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Build and maintain high-quality, user-friendly advertising experiences using React, React Native, and GraphQL.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and implement advertising solutions that drive revenue and improve the user experience.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code that adheres to industry standards and best practices.
- Continuously improve the performance and scalability of our advertising offerings.
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to other team members.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies to help drive innovation within the team.
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 1+ years of experience in frontend development using React, React Native, and GraphQL.
- Bonus points for any experience in Swift or Kotlin
- Strong understanding of web and mobile development concepts and practices.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken (fluency in English required)
Helpful, but not required:
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with AWS Cloud infrastructure
- Experience around any of the following: web package managers, Bower, bundler system, NodeJS, Python, webpack
- Github repo with your own code we can view
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.