We are seeking an experienced Program Manager to join OfferUp’s growing Program Management Organization (PMO). Reporting into the CTO, OfferUp’s PMO is a cross functional group working with Product, Engineering, Customer Support, Marketing, Biz Ops, Legal, and other teams. We drive cross-functional initiative planning in support of successful product and engineering launches, ensure our organization’s strategic direction is reflected in projects, and help provide the means and tools for OfferUp to successfully manage cross-functional initiatives.
You’re flexible, humble, and possess impeccable judgment. You’re equally comfortable conversing with technical people as you are operational people, and thrive in a fast paced environment. You’re great at spotting issues, and adept at managing relationships up, down, and across organizations.
In this role, you’ll help develop processes and tools to introduce effective initiative tracking cadences at OfferUp, and assist various teams to manage projects and launch planning. To be successful, you’ll develop a broad understanding of the business in order to drive scalable processes and to drive alignment. As a Program Manager on the team, you’ll also help identify and implement best practices, provide thought leadership, and support and mentor more junior Program Specialists.
This role requires supporting large projects, managing project timelines, and communicating to senior management on status, risks, and process/product changes. Cross-team coordination, project management, executive presentation skills, and a proven track record of delivering results are essential.
- Participate in the identification and implementation of initiative tracking processes at OfferUp
- Track and communicate progress on large, cross-functional initiatives
- Design easy-to-consume visual of plan and interdependencies, outlining projects / work streams in flight and those on the backlog with visibility for the overall program.
- Ensure that teams and senior leaders are able to quickly see where attention and resources are placed or required
- Define consistent landmarks across projects and work with teams to implement tracking of task and delivery
- Hold owners accountable for their commitments
- Partner with cross-functional teams to drive coordination, identify gaps and risks, and raise to leadership teams as needed to garner support for changes in scope, schedule, or budget
- Facilitate solution identification
- Ensure that project documentation, supporting materials, and project plans are readily available for internal teams and senior leaders throughout the project lifecycle
- Facilitate project meetings focused on status reporting, problem resolution, feedback, and encouraging open cross-functional communication
- Facilitate overall process improvement identified through the PMO
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5+ years of project / program management experience
- Familiarity with Agile project management software, such as Jira and Confluence (Jira admin experience a plus)
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills, and ability to clearly communicate across different levels within the organization
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Able to work in a dynamic and fluid environment and be self-directed to successfully achieve tasks and goals
- Experience working alongside both technical/engineering personnel and business/operational personnel
- Knowledge of the product we offer and passion for OfferUp
- Enthusiasm and willingness to embrace a start-up environment or similarly fast paced, dynamic environments with minimal structure strongly preferred
- Proven ability to exercise high degree of confidentiality and objectivity
- Proven ability to set priorities and work independently with little supervision
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and appropriately prioritize
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally…Come do work that matters. join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.