Senior Software Development Engineer – Backend – Advertising
From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and help more people discover value right where they are.
AT A GLANCE
- 85+ Million Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
The Advertising Team is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join us as we disrupt the local mobile marketplace.
As a Senior Backend Engineer on the Advertising team, you will own and execute projects from idea to delivery, lead architecture discussions, do regular code reviews, and mentor others as our team solves new and complex challenges. You’ll be responsible for working with our UI/UX, Product, iOS/AD Developers, backend and Biz ops experts to come up with new efficient solutions/ iterate on existing ones.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features and/or iterations of existing features
- Develops, tests, releases and documents code using best software engineering practices to ensure timely service delivery and ease of maintenance
- Continuously discovers, evaluates, and implements new technologies/best practices to maximize development efficiency
- Dedicated to optimizing the performance and scalability of the OfferUp infrastructure as the service continues to grow
- Helps maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Collaborate if needed with third party providers, and evaluate/debug/implement 3rd party SDKs.
- Provide mentorship to other team members, and create solutions and/or frameworks that make other team members better and faster
- Identify, track and find solutions to software defects identified both internally and externally
- 5+ years professional software engineering experience
- Demonstrate strong coding skills in any one of the following – Java, Python, C/C++, Golang, Scala, PHP (or equivalent programming language)
- Excellent knowledge of Data Structures and Algorithms
- Experience with building highly scalable web services
- Be comfortable designing services on top of a cloud infrastructure like AWS
- Above all, an insatiable desire and ability to learn
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Exceptional self-management skills during the execution of complex problems and tasks
- You desire a fast moving, continuous flow development environment
- Experienced with Agile development
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related discipline
- Eligible to work in the United States
Nice to have
- Working knowledge of eCommerce payment systems
- Github repo with your own code we can view
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally…Come do work that matters. join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.