Site Reliability Engineer
OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android makes it easy for people to post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and find great deals on items nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
AT A GLANCE
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to join our Operations Team. We provide tools and services to all teams in OfferUp for managing an increasingly complex production infrastructure in AWS. Our success is measured by our ability to allow everyone to stand up and deploy services quickly with no downtime. In this role, you will be at the forefront of driving and developing the technology that automates everything.
- Work with other SREs to build a comprehensive set of tools to automate and monitor our production infrastructure
- Work with Engineering to build resilient, operable, self-healing services
- Participate in reasonable on-call rotations with the rest of Engineering
- Managed groups of servers, preferably in AWS, at scale
- Reasonably deep knowledge of Linux and internet technologies
- Proficient in modern scripting languages like Python or Ruby
- Configuration management tools like Ansible or Salt
- Used advanced metrics to solve hard problems
- Experience managing Big Data or high-throughput distributed systems like Hadoop and Kafka
Nice to have
- Experience with continuous integration
- Contribution to open source projects
- An active interest in containerization technologies such as Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Acts like a team
- Avoids doing things twice
- Solves hard problems for tomorrow, not just for today
- Prefers fixing problems to complaining about them
- Investigates, considers and adopts new technology where it makes sense
- Doesn’t tolerate brilliant jerks
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally… Come join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.