Software Development Engineer II – Ads (Mexico)
This opening is in Mexico. Please ensure you submitted your resume in English, for review.
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
At a Glance
- 100M+ Downloads
- 20M+ monthly users
- Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
About the role:
OfferUp is looking for an experienced Front End Engineer to join the Ads team. Ads team is responsible for generating revenue while maintaining a very good user experience. The team builds systems and features for both 1P and 3P advertising partners.
At many organizations, your role begins and ends with the code. On our team, we’re different. You own a feature from concept to fruition. Your responsibilities will include everything from design, writing well-architected and thoroughly tested code to implementing the feature for iOS, Android and Web Apps. You also get to take ownership beyond your technical area by working with cross-functional team members. The role will be primarily in Web frontend, but the nature of the features often necessitates being a full stack engineer.
Here’s more of what you will do:
- Be one of our first engineers in Mexico and join a mature startup.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams (UX and Product Management) to design and implement new features.
- Optimize the performance and scalability of the OfferUp client infrastructure as the service continues to grow.
- 3+ years of overall software development experience
- Knowledge in web optimization performance, and design patterns e.g. responsive design vs optimized design
- Understands front-end software best practices including client side performance optimization and how to mitigate information security risks.
- Understands software engineering best practices (e.g. automated pipelines, Operational Excellence, Information Security) and sets front-end software and UX implementation standards.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related discipline
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken (fluency in English required)
Helpful, but not required:
- Experience with react-native and GraphQL
- Experience around any of the following: web package managers, Bower, bundler system, NodeJS, webpack
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive, and a track record of delivery
- Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
OfferUp’s success is centered in our ability to build community and empower everyone to connect and prosper. Inclusion is central to our concept of a healthy community and our company’s values are centered in diversity. We are fully committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience. The celebration of our identities fuels our innovation and connects us to our customers and the communities we serve.