Software Development Engineer II – Autos Services (Mexico)
This opening is in Mexico. Please ensure you submitted your resume in English, for review.
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
At a Glance
- 100M+ Downloads
- 20M+ monthly users
- Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
About the role:
OfferUp is looking for an experienced developer to lead efforts for the Autos Services team. The Autos Services team is responsible for all features pertaining to the vibrant marketplace for auto sales. They include special onboarding and accounts for dealerships, ingestion of their inventory from aggregated systems, and unique features within our application to improve the experience for autos buyers. The role will be primarily in backend services, but the nature of the features often necessitates being a full stack engineer.
At many organizations, your role begins and ends with the code. On our team, we’re different. You own a feature from concept to fruition. Your responsibilities will include everything from writing well architected and thoroughly tested code, to rolling out the feature by analyzing metrics. You also get to take ownership beyond your technical area by working with cross-functional team members.
As an experienced developer in our team, you will set the technical strategy for our team, build highly scalable real-time messaging systems and continuously improve our engineering/operational excellence.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Develop the integration strategy for dealerships and autos into our core pipelines
- Develop highly scalable services to interface with external third party systems
- Deliver full-stack solutions for the unique features of a mobile marketplace in autos
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams (Catalog, Communications, Identity) to design and implement new features
- Drive engineering and operational excellence across Autos Services team and OfferUp-wide Backend team
- Collaborate with OfferUp wide engineering teams to surface common pain points, develop solutions and evangelize best practices
- Identify when to replace and when to rebuild legacy systems
- Support, mentor, and help other engineers in the team
- Participate in a reasonable on-call rotations with the rest of the team
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience, of which at least 3 were devoted to web services
- 1+ years of experience in real-time messaging systems
- Experience performing data analysis and translating the results into business recommendations
- Experience in working with data-driven applications at scale
- Strong coding skills in Java and Python or any other modern programming language coupled with strong knowledge in object-oriented design and microservices architecture
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Information Systems/Technology, Information Science, or a related discipline
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken (fluency in English required)
Helpful, but not required:
- Experience with load balancing, and handling massive data traffic
- Experience writing code in Python or Java
- Experience in building microservices
- Experience with cloud infrastructure AWS
Come do work that matters. Join a team that believes when we all work together, we get more out of things.
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.