Sr. Software Development Engineer – Promoted Products – Android
From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the US. We connect millions of people every day, but we’re still as committed as ever to the founding mission: to build the simplest, most trustworthy local marketplace. We help bring people together in their communities to exchange value, and we think that exchange is the foundation for a kind of commerce that redefines what “value” really means. In our world, the things we buy and sell are just the primer for the really important stuff, like meeting our neighbors, getting more connected to the places we live and the things that live with us, and creating a marketplace where everyone has something to offer.
OfferUp is changing how people buy and sell locally by making it as easy as taking and sharing a photo from your phone. We are not just about connecting buyers and sellers; we are about creating a simple and safe marketplace that changes people’s lives. We are a rapidly growing team in Seattle looking to bring on more passionate, motivated, and curious individuals who want to be a part of our fast growing team.
The Promoted Products team has a charter to build tools such as analytics and advertising to help all sellers become more successful in the OfferUp marketplace. Our team takes pride in designing simple tools that can help even inexperienced sellers operate like professionals. Revenue from our products consistently ranks us amongst the top revenue grossing apps on the Google Play and App stores. We recently launched a successful paid subscription for our app, and you will be working on the next iteration of it.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
OfferUp Mobile Development Team is looking for a Senior Android Developer to join us as we disrupt the local mobile marketplace. An Android platform team member will have direct input into all aspects of our native Android application and mobile development process.
As a Senior Engineer on the Promoted Products team, you will own and execute projects from idea to delivery, lead architecture discussions, do regular code reviews, and mentor others as our team solves new and complex challenges. You’ll be responsible for working with our UI/UX, Product, iOS/AD Developers, backend and Biz Ops experts to come up with new efficient solutions/ iterate on existing ones. You share our passion for design and have a strong background in mobile development including a portfolio of Android applications.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features and/or iterations of existing features
- Develops, tests, releases and documents applications using best software engineering practices to ensure timely service delivery and ease of maintenance
- Continuously discovers, evaluates, and implements new technologies/best practices to maximize development efficiency
- Helps maintain code quality, organization, and automation.
- Collaborate if needed with third party providers, and evaluate/debug/implement 3rd party SDKs.
- Provide mentorship to other team members, and create solutions and/or frameworks that make other team members better and faster
- Identify, track and find solutions to software defects identified both internally and externally
- 6+ years of professional software engineering experience, of which at least 3 years were devoted to Native Android
- Demonstrate expert-level Java and Android SDK skills
- Exceptional self-management skills during the execution of complex problems and tasks
- You desire a fast moving, continuous flow development environment
- Be comfortable with tools deploying and testing Android apps
- Experienced with Agile development
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related discipline
- You are highly organized and detail oriented
- Eligible to work in the United States
Nice To Have
- Experience with:
- Google Play Billing
- Google Location Services
- Image Loading Libraries such as Picasso & Glide
- Experimentation (A/B testing)
- Android Kinesis SDK
- Data Visualization
- Working knowledge of eCommerce payment systems
- Github repo with your own code we can view
- Existing Apps in the Google Play Store