Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test (Mexico)
This opening is in Mexico. Please ensure you submitted your resume in English, for review.
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
At a Glance
- 100M+ Downloads
- 20M+ monthly users
- Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
About the role:
The QA department is responsible for the overall quality of all OfferUp products and services. You will be a founding member that not only helps take quality to the next level but helps build an office in a brand new Mexico location.
We are looking for a Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test to help define and build integration tests for our middle-tier services across all of our products. The goal is to raise the bar on quality and improve our test coverage, so we find problems before our customers.
In this role, you will help foster a quality first culture focused on iteratively improving our overall product quality. As a Sr. QA Engineer, you will help mentor engineers on the team to help accomplish metrics-based quality goals and help improve our integration test coverage.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Define, build, and execute automated integration tests for our middle-tier services
- Analyze quality and product-based data to inform, prioritize, and improve automated testing
- Champion a high level of quality across our large-scale software applications, systems, platforms, services, and technologies of all OfferUp Products
- Mentor other testing engineers on the team, helping them improve and grow.
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken (fluency in English required)
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- 5+ years of experience as a QA Engineer.
- 5+ years performing functional, integration, and performance testing
- Expertise in building frontend (iOS/Android/Web) and middle-tier (Microservice and GraphQL) automation tests and integrating them into a development pipeline
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Above all, you thrive in a culture that values collaboration, mentorship, and learning
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related discipline
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about our team at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture.
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
OfferUp’s success is centered in our ability to build community and empower everyone to connect and prosper. Inclusion is central to our concept of a healthy community and our company’s values are centered in diversity. We are fully committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience. The celebration of our identities fuels our innovation and connects us to our customers and the communities we serve.