Corporate Controller – Accounting (Bellevue)
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
At a Glance
- 100M+ Downloads
- 20M+ monthly users
- Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Finance and Accounting professional for our Corporate Controller. The role is a hands-on position responsible for the continued evolution and scale of our accounting processes, procedures, and tools. This is an exciting opportunity to make a lasting impact by taking OfferUp to the next level. The role is based in Bellevue and reports to the CFO.The ideal candidate (you) is technically savvy, has a desire to learn, build, and mentor, and is eager to apply their experience implementing, upgrading, and/or modifying processes and systems. You are collaborative, enjoy solving problems, and can work within a dynamic startup environment.
- Lead, mentor, and continue building an outstanding accounting team prepared for the future growth and success of OfferUp
- Provide strategic and overall leadership for the accounting team by driving the vision, strategy, tactics, and execution
- Grow, scale, and streamline key accounting processes and systems
- Oversee tax planning (federal, state & local, R&D credit, etc.) and compliance with support from internal and external resources
- Own Treasury functions including management of banking relationships, fees, and development of banking strategies
- Create and implement a control environment that meets the standards for SOX 404 compliance
- Assist with the development and implementation of Investor Relations strategies and execution
- Manage and oversee the annual audit and periodic 409A analyses
- Ensure GAAP compliance with all routine and non-routine transactions
- Refine financial statements and footnotes and develop related disclosures (MD&A) that meet SEC requirements and standards
- Ownership of all accounting processes including, but not limited to: payroll, revenue recognition, accounts payable, accounts receivable, stock-based compensation, etc.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of company financial systems and records
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- The embodiment of OfferUp’s DNA: Driven, Neighborly, Adaptable
- 10+ years of experience
- Mix of public and private accounting with progressive increases in responsibilities
- Proven track record of hiring, developing, and mentoring a team
- Success in driving efficiencies and process improvements
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Ability to effectively work across functions to drive results
- Proficiency in corporate accounting and internal controls: GAAP, SEC rules and regulations, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, and state and federal tax
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
Helpful, but not required:
- Experience with NetSuite and financial system integrations
- MBA or other relevant degree
- International expansion experience
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.