Senior Accountant (Bellevue)
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with LetGo to reach more than 20M monthly users. OfferUp is a workplace that is built on a foundation of community with its values centered on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that to have the most innovative, creative, and collaborative workplace, and to remain competitive in our industry, it is essential to have a diverse workforce.
At a Glance
- 100M+ Downloads
- 20M+ monthly users
- Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
About the role
OfferUp is seeking a Senior Accountant to assist the accounting team with general ledger accounting, compliance, accounts receivable and other tasks. You will partner cross-functionally with individuals from other teams (e.g. sales, legal, finance) and with external vendors to ensure timely and accurate reporting and help meet company initiatives. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, thrives in a fast-paced environment, collaborates well with others, and is passionate about process improvement.
- Serve as key player in month-end close process, performing tasks such as preparing journal entries and account reconciliations for accounts like prepaid amortization, invoice accruals, payroll accounting and revenue
- Serve as primary point of contact for external vendors relevant to your areas
- Prepare monthly variance analysis and assist in preparation of monthly close meeting materials
- Oversee accounts receivable aging and invoicing, serving as a key partner to our internal sales team and customers
- Assist with annual external audit by gathering supporting documentation and serving as an expert in your areas
- File sales, B&O, use and franchise tax returns
- Assist with the implementation of internal controls and SOX compliance
- Drive continued process improvement, collaborating with others to increase efficiencies and streamline both existing and new processes
You’ll thrive in this role if you have
- All OfferUp employees are required to receive Covid-19 vaccinations unless an employee is in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Exposure to public company financial reporting
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, focus in Accounting or similar field
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Experience with general ledger accounting and reconciliations
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably NetSuite
Helpful, but not required
- CPA license
- Mix of private and public company experience
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture.
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
OfferUp’s success is centered in our ability to build community and empower everyone to connect and prosper. Inclusion is central to our concept of a healthy community and our company’s values are centered in diversity. We are fully committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience. The celebration of our identities fuels our innovation and connects us to our customers and the communities we serve.