Sr. GL & Payroll Accountant (Bellevue)
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
At a Glance
- 100M+ Downloads
- 20M+ monthly users
- Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
About the role:
The Senior Payroll and GL Accountant will primarily focus on helping with both payroll and GL related accounting responsibilities to support OfferUp’s business growth. The Sr. Accountant will partner internally and cross-functionally with other departments such as HR and Legal, among others, to help improve accounting processes, ensure accurate payroll processing and meet business initiatives.
What we love about this role:
- Ability to really own payroll and drive functional excellence as OfferUp grow & expand geographically
- Huge potential for scaling business and accounting processes
- Real ability to flex your knowledge and collaborate across the organization
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of biweekly and semi-monthly payrolls, including but not limited to base-pay, commissions, bonuses, and other benefits.
- Maintain accurate records and reports of all payroll transactions and manage the W-2 process
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hourly law
- Reconcile and analyze employee benefit and insurance accounts such as FSA/HAS, Medical, Dental
- Support the Accounting and Legal teams with processing and recording of equity transactions (e.g. NQSO exercises) to enable timely tax deposits
- Research complex payroll and taxation questions such as fringe benefits, multi-state and global mobility, with the ability to document and communicate a proposed solution
- Support the accounting team during our month-end close process and financial audit process
- Scale and improve accounting processes via automation and adding SOX internal controls
- Own or support other accounting projects and business initiatives as needed
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- All OfferUp employees are required to receive Covid-19 vaccinations unless an employee is in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or related field
- 5 years combined payroll and accounting experience
- Prior payroll processing experience with ADP desired
- Netsuite or other ERP experience desired
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Driven, adaptable and thrives in fast-paced startup environment
- Great team player and willing to roll up sleeves to help others on the team
Helpful, but not required
- Public company experience
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
OfferUp’s success is centered in our ability to build community and empower everyone to connect and prosper. Inclusion is central to our concept of a healthy community and our company’s values are centered in diversity. We are fully committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience. The celebration of our identities fuels our innovation and connects us to our customers and the communities we serve.