People Operations Coordinator (Bellevue)
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
At a Glance
- 100M+ Downloads
- 20M+ monthly users
- Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
About the Role:
As OfferUp continues to grow, our People Operations team needs a motivated and detail-oriented individual to provide support for onboarding, employee changes, offboarding, immigration, and special projects. The People Operations Coordinator will have a can-do attitude and a drive for people, processes, and organization to support the employee lifecycle. The ideal candidate will be an engagement ambassador, comfortable with handling highly confidential information. They will also know how to prioritize work with an understanding of the balancing act of managing multiple projects simultaneously. Read on to see more ways in which this individual will contribute to the work of the People Operations team:
- Acting as point of contact for People systems including ADP WorkforceNow
- Maintaining employee files and other employment related items
- Executing all aspects of OfferUp’s new hire onboarding process end-to-end, including reviewing, processing, and filing new hire paperwork and presenting at Orientation
- Managing the People Team Service Desk, processing employee changes, and keeping stakeholders informed.
- Provide support, in conjunction with outside counsel, with employee visa application requests and other immigration requests/issues
- Running and analyzing ADP reports of key employee metrics as needed
- Act as the first point of contact for HR-related questions such as time off, payroll, HR policies, benefits and escalating if needed
- Identifying potential areas of improvement across the entire People function, implementing scrappy solutions as needed
- Helping to cultivate a positive work environment through programs, activities and events that reinforce our values and operating principles
- Assisting with other day-to-day efficient operations of the People team
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- All OfferUp employees are required to receive Covid-19 vaccinations unless an employee is in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.
- At least 6 months of relevant professional experience
- Able to maintain a high level of of customer service and discretion
- Proactive self-starter with a proven ability to take initiative in the face of ambiguity
- Positive attitude and desire to contribute in a team setting
- Excellent communication skills and a high attention to detail
- HR systems experience (ADP or similar system) a plus
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
OfferUp’s success is centered in our ability to build community and empower everyone to connect and prosper. Inclusion is central to our concept of a healthy community and our company’s values are centered in diversity. We are fully committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience. The celebration of our identities fuels our innovation and connects us to our customers and the communities we serve.