People Operations Specialist (@Remote)
About the role:
OfferUp is seeking a People Operations Specialist who is passionate about simplifying and scaling the People Operations effort. In this role, you will work closely with the rest of the People Operations team to drive excellence across OfferUp’s People initiatives, with a specific focus on benefits and compliance. With your strong knowledge of local, state, and federal requirements, you’ll be a knowledgeable point of contact for People compliance-related efforts.
This role can be in Bellevue, Washington or @Remote in the following states: Washington, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Serve as the main point of contact for benefits programs inquiries (medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurances, 401(k) plan, flexible spending accounts, and workers compensation).
- Partner with People Generalist to administer and track FMLA/leave of absences and accommodation requests
- Work collaboratively with our Brokers and Carriers to ensure compliance and day-to-day administration of the plans.
- Analyze, assess, and make data-driven recommendations to update benefit offerings and ensure employee satisfaction.
- Manage and coordinate the annual benefits renewal and open enrollment process (reviewing year-end results of benefits usage, preparing communications, owning the open enrollment process in ADP, liaising with brokers to ensure vendors have required information).
- Act as admin for 401(k) including the filing of Form 5500, maintaining distribution requests, managing annual testing and compliance notifications, and coordination of audit.
- Own auditing of benefit bills and driving any needed reconciliations.
- Lead our yearly 401k audit (pull reports from the vendor website, communicate efficiently with the audit team, and action any discovered errors), in partnership with our Payroll team and external auditors.
Operations & Compliance:
- Serve as a trusted liaison between People and Payroll, partnering with the payroll team to help solve relevant payroll compliance issues.
- Generates, reviews, audits, and analyzes ad-hoc reports as needed by management and the operations teams.
- Maintain HRIS data quality and partner with other People team members to ensure accuracy of employee data. Enter employee data into HRIS and provide necessary reports to Payroll for bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll processing such as new hires, terminations, compensation changes, benefit changes, or leave changes.
- Prepare and file required reports including EEO-1 reports, OSHA reports, Workers Compensations reports, Form 5500, and WA PFML reports.
- Partner with our People Operations Coordinator to process and audit I-9 and also track the expiration of I-9 documents.
- Ensure workplace compliance by verifying that employees are in compliance with any required training sessions. Complete audits in these areas to ensure compliance is maintained and any errors are corrected.
- Track and verify compliance with federal and state laws and regulations. Complete relevant audits in partnership with the People Operations Manager.
- Identify and recommend process improvements to streamline existing procedures.
You’ll thrive in this role if you have: All OfferUp employees are required to receive full Covid-19 vaccinations, per CDC guidelines. OfferUp will review accommodation requests due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Proficient in the areas of HR compliance and benefits administration
- Ability to work independently and adopt a proactive approach to resolving complex issues
- A high degree of customer service
- Ability to perform under pressure in meeting payroll and compliance deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with workforce reporting using Excel or Google Sheets
- Experience with HRIS and payroll processing systems, preferably ADP WorkforceNow or similar.
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion
Helpful, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.