Senior HR Business Partner (Bellevue)
About the role:
We’re looking for a dynamic employee experience-focused Sr. HR Business Partner who can both dive into the details with our Engineering and Product client groups and take a step back to plan and then deliver on people programs. Whether helping to design and roll out performance management or building and delivering development training across the business, you bring a strong business and client focus, along with analytical rigor. You will leverage your program development skills and organizational savviness to bring these initiatives to fruition in meaningful ways at scale.
In the next six months, this role will work on developing the Employee Value Proposition; identifying and partnering on key talent programs within your client groups, and creating strategies with the Engineering and Product leadership teams to deliver targeted programs to improve the employee experience. Reporting directly to the Chief People and Diversity Officer, the ideal candidate will thrive on living in the gray while using extensive change management to deepen the connection between people & business initiatives.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Provide world-class H.R. Business partnership to the Engineering and Product teams
- Apply your business acumen and expert influencing skills to drive solutions that move the business forward
- Define, design, build, and deliver programs that the business needs to scale with the company.
- Partner with the business leaders on everything people-oriented while driving critical programs within your client groups.
- Partner with the Talent Management Team to develop and deliver talent management initiatives that will drive people and business impact
- Represent the cultural cornerstones of the company such as being driven, neighborly, and adaptable
You’ll thrive in this role if you have: (All OfferUp employees are required to receive Covid-19 vaccinations unless an employee is in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason or because of a sincerely held religious belief.)
- 8+ years of professional human resources experience in fast-growing tech companies; of that, 5+ years H.R. Business Partner experience with senior-level clients
- Strong business, analytics, and H.R. acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and the ability to have strategic conversations with the Engineering and Product leadership teams
- Deep curiosity into data and how to use it to tell stories, build business cases, and influence outcomes
- Excellent communication skills, able to influence and develop strong relationships
- Demonstrated ability to partner with key stakeholders in the execution of people initiatives focused on business priorities
- Solutions focused, flexible, able to cope well with and lead teams through change
- Leadership & team development, change management, organizational design, and strong business and employee experience focus
- A passion for partnering with stakeholders to build effective programs and strategies based on DEI strategies and driving progress against DEI goals and an inclusive culture
- Commitment to continuous learning as illustrated by a combination of experience and certifications such as a B.A., PHR, SPHR, or SHRM-CP/SCP
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.