Senior Technical Recruiter (In Office or Remote)
About the role:
OfferUp is hiring a Senior Technical Recruiter who will work with the broader recruiting team and key business partners to drive strategies for candidate attraction, sourcing and closing. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining a top tier hiring experience within a strong service oriented culture. This is a great opportunity to be part of a team focused on making an impact on the business and recruiting for innovative talent.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Provide full life-cycle, high volume technical recruiting in an ever-changing startup environment
- Partner with hiring teams to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches with an ability to manage candidate and hiring manager expectations through a deep understanding of return on investment
- Utilize a variety of recruiting techniques to source, evaluate and hire top tier talent
- Foster a culture of knowledge, trend & best-practice sharing
- Act as an advocate for both managers and candidates throughout the recruiting process, with regular touch points and diligent follow through
You’ll thrive in this role if you have: (All OfferUp employees are required to receive full Covid-19 vaccinations, per CDC guidelines. OfferUp will review accommodation requests due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.)
- 8+ years previous technical sourcing & closing experience
- Experience sourcing technical & engineering talent in competitive markets
- Demonstrated full life cycle recruiting experience; sourcing strategy creation through offer negotiations
- Ability to use current market data and pass through rates to help influence hiring decisions and business planning
- Previous start-up experience; experience educating and selling candidates on job opportunities
- Organized, analytical and detail-oriented
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.