Sr. Compensation Program Manager
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
At a Glance
- 100M+ Downloads
- 20M+ monthly users
- Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
About the Role
We are seeking a Sr. Compensation Program Manager to support the growing needs of the OfferUp People Organization. This work will impact each employee and has an important role in driving business results by ensuring our employee value proposition is competitive, relevant, and financially sustainable.
- Build programs around our base salary and equity compensation and other compensation initiatives such as benchmarking process improvement, job architecture maintenance, and incentive programs. These programs will align with OfferUp’s compensation philosophy and industry benchmarks.
- Perform deep analysis on effectiveness and competitiveness of current compensation programs and potential impacts of alternative programs to identify gaps in program design.
- Acts as a thought leader for a specialty area in compensation program implementation. Develops change and readiness plans. Leads or participates in key phases of the process (e.g., annual salary planning).
- Provides guidance and supports key compensation activities that are led by HRBP (e.g., quote attainment analysis, plan communication, special stock, rewards, annual compensation activities).
- Interviews and surveys employees and managers to gather and document job, organizational, and occupational information, including duties, responsibilities, and skills required by each job.
- Assesses jobs and their respective duties to determine classification as exempt or nonexempt and appropriate salary range.
- Benchmarks jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position.
- Prepares and maintains job classifications and salary scale.
- Prepares and presents summary reports of job analysis and compensation analysis information.
- Gathers data from market-based compensation surveys; uses spreadsheet and data analysis techniques to assess results and market trends.
- All OfferUp employees are required to receive Covid-19 vaccinations unless an employee is in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.
- Strong data analysis skills and are an expert storyteller who can effectively present those findings to diverse audiences
- 2+ years directly related compensation work experience
- Develop, implement, communicate and administer total pay programs aligned with company strategy and evolving customer and business needs.
- Built programs around base salary and equity compensation and other compensation initiatives such as benchmarking process improvement, job architecture maintenance, and incentive programs.
- Created and presented training content for key cross-functional stakeholders
- Managed the compensation budgeting process with a finance organization
- Owned metrics tied to the performance of various compensation programs
- Used analytical skills to make data-driven decisions on the structure and design of programs
- Partnered with department leaders, HR Business Partners, and recruiters on compensation-related matters such as offers, promotions, and internal transfers
- You have deep experience in developing project plans that have cross-functional dependencies and executing against those project plans with positive outcomes
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and can work with stakeholders to find the right questions as well as the right answers
- You have experience managing relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders in various levels and functions
- You understand equity compensation and can provide information to employees to help them understand this important component of pay
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
OfferUp’s success is centered in our ability to build community and empower everyone to connect and prosper. Inclusion is central to our healthy community concept, and our company’s values are centered in diversity. We are fully committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience. The celebration of our identities fuels our innovation and connects us to our customers and the communities we serve.