Sr. Executive Assistant
About the role:
OfferUp has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Executive Assistant to join our Executive Administrative Team. Bring your experience and talent to a diverse group of people and minds that are changing the local marketplace. Our culture drives us to go further and have fun with the most neighborly people around.
This position will manage the day-to-day administration of the CPO and CTO. The Executive Assistant must possess the ability to conduct problem-solving, analysis, initiative, sound judgment in all matters. The ideal candidate will have the ability to anticipate needs ahead of being asked, make quick decisions on their feet, and look ahead to clear any obstacles. You must be a fast learner and self-starter with minimal guidance. We are looking for a detail-oriented person with the demonstrated ability to communicate and respond effectively and efficiently while maintaining flexibility under pressure and aggressive timelines. And lastly, someone with a sense of humor, who likes to work hard but knows how to have fun!
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Manage and maintain busy calendars of COO and CTO, including scheduling a high volume of internal and external meetings in a highly dynamic environment requiring frequent re-prioritization of meetings. This means being the gatekeeper to their schedules as well as being able to negotiate within their organizations.
- Scheduling large team meetings and assisting with logistics such as video conferences, projecting presentations, and lunch orders.
- Arranging conference and video calls with multiple time zones and varying platforms such as Hangouts, Zoom, and Chime.
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times and using sound judgment.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executives, including completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence, presentations, arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on completing projects, often with deadline pressures.
- Facilitate professional and effective communication by reviewing and responding to email, mail, and invitations.
- Work on special projects as needed. May include conducting basic research and analysis of data to respond to requests
- Collaboration with all departments across the company
- Provide backup administrative support to other departments throughout the company
- Perform facilities management and office management duties as necessary
- Plan and coordinate team events and assist in larger company events
You’ll thrive in this role if you have: (All OfferUp employees are required to receive Covid-19 vaccinations unless an employee is in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason or because of a sincerely held religious belief.)
- 5+ years previous executive support experience
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and know how to prioritize based on the needs of the business
- Work smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities and planning well, producing quality work
- Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals
- Builds rapport with various personalities, both internally and externally
- Maintains a high level of professionalism, representing the company in a positive manner
- Desire and ability to learn new concepts in a dynamic environment
- Positive attitude and desire to contribute in a team setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to draft, proofread and edit documents, G Suite preferred
- Strong attention to detail is a must
- Previous start-up experience is a plus!
- BA or BS degree preferred
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.