IT Support Specialist (Mexico)
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
At a Glance
- 100M+ Downloads
- 20M+ monthly users
- Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
About the role:
OfferUp is seeking an IT Support Specialist to join our IT team. Our goal is to deliver excellent technical support with outstanding customer service, satisfaction and timeliness. This is a great opportunity to develop your career contributing to a growing organization.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Provision computers for new users and troubleshoot computer hardware, software or network issues that are affecting single users
- Respond to, record, track, and close tickets through help desk/problem management software in a timely manner
- Ensure the highest levels of customer focus for any issues or problems that are escalated
- Be the first point of contact for users to receive support and maintenance
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and ensure proper assistance with evolving internal documentation
- Work with the other members of the IT team to provide support and enforce IT policies
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- Deep knowledge in troubleshooting & managing MacOS and Windows
- Demonstrate intermediate level knowledge and some experience working with Cloud applications such as Okta, Google Workspaces, Zoom, Slack
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experiencing following auditing processes
- Experience automating device deployment and administration tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication to collaborate with engineers and executives
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken (fluency in English required)
Helpful, but not required:
- Setting up and maintaining corporate networks (LAN, WAN, Firewall, VPN, etc)
- Experience with CCTV and surveillance systems
- Knowledge of IT security (e.g. IDS, EPP, CASB, Auth/IAM)
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language (automation)
- System and application integration
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
OfferUp’s success is centered in our ability to build community and empower everyone to connect and prosper. Inclusion is central to our concept of a healthy community and our company’s values are centered in diversity. We are fully committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience. The celebration of our identities fuels our innovation and connects us to our customers and the communities we serve.