Corporate Paralegal, Legal (Bellevue)
OfferUp is seeking an experienced paralegal to serve as Corporate Paralegal to support OfferUp’s fast-growing marketplace business and Legal Department. This role will report to the General Counsel and work collaboratively with the other attorneys in the Legal Department. The OfferUp Legal Department is a tight knit, client-focused group of four attorneys with a strong emphasis on providing exceptional legal advice and advancing the Company’s business goals. This growing team values collaboration and high-quality work product and is dedicated to its members’ professional development.
- Maintain corporate records and related filings.
- Administer OfferUp’s stock compensation plan.
- Maintain legal databases, including for contracts, corporate transactions, and compliance requirements.
- Work closely with OfferUp’s attorneys in various practice areas, such as product guidance and compliance, vendor contracts, privacy regulations and marketing and IP endeavors.
- Assist with review and redlining of regulatory documents, as well as coordinating and preparing documents for execution or closing.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of document templates, alternate language playbooks, and internal resource documents.
Requirements (All OfferUp employees are required to receive full Covid-19 vaccinations, per CDC guidelines. OfferUp will review accommodation requests due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or Associate’s degree in legal services and support
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience, preferably a mix of law firm and in-house or governmental roles.
- Experience with equity management programs and administering equity incentive plans.
- Comfortable with a hybrid office schedule (minimum two days in the office every week)
- Advanced proficiency in the use of productivity applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook or Google equivalents) for the creation and editing of complex documents, spreadsheets, and e-mail.
- Enthusiastic and hard-working team player who enjoys working with, supporting and building relationships with attorneys and internal clients.
- Ability to learn new skills and substantive legal areas to support multiple roles within the Legal Department and the various needs of internal clients.
- Prior experience coordinating complex legal projects (such as litigation or corporate transactions).
- Ability to react calmly and with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a quick response or turnaround, make decisions independently, and take effective action without complete information.
- Ability to operate successfully in a fast-paced environment that places a high premium on excellence, execution, and teamwork.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Able to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects at once.
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.