Legal & HR Intern (@Office, Bellevue)
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users. OfferUp is a workplace that is built on a foundation of community with its values centered on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe that to have the most innovative, creative, and collaborative workplace, and to remain competitive in our industry, it is essential to have a diverse workforce.
- At a Glance
- 100M+ Downloads
- 20M+ monthly users
- Top 5 Shopping apps in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
OfferUp is committed to increasing the representation of historically underrepresented individuals in the tech industry. As a company and individuals, we recognize that certain underrepresented communities have lacked similar access and opportunities to other non-diverse groups. OfferUp’s diversity internship is open to all individuals who bring a diversity of background and/or perspective and identify with a group that is historically underrepresented in the technology industry including but not limited to, Black, Indigenous, Latinx, students with disabilities, and veterans.
This role is designated @Office and is required to be in the Bellevue, Washington office 3+ days a week.
OfferUp is seeking a driven, hard-working HR & Legal Intern to assist with relevant administrative tasks and projects. This is an excellent summer internship opportunity for someone who is interested in pursuing a career in human resources, legal, or compliance. The internship is full-time (40 hours a week). The intern will enjoy the professional experience of seeing how both HR and legal operate internally and in partnership with other departments. This temporary role (estimated to be 12 weeks in duration) will have the ability to influence OfferUp’s Legal and Human Resources departments and gain valuable experience by:
- Providing support for ongoing projects by processing and tracking critical data
- Managing and responding to internal and external requests in a timely manner
- Building internal reference pages for company policies and terms of service
- Creating and updating Legal and HR presentations to employees
- Managing the contract intake process for agreements with vendors
- Developing a process to audit, track, and maintain employee files to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Owning administrative tasks including filing, data-entry, and other day-to-day responsibilities
- Identifying potential areas of improvement across the Legal and HR functions, implementing scrappy solutions as needed
After this internship you will:
- Have a deeper understanding of employment law in states across the country
- Have developed an understanding of relevant Legal and HR tools and systems, preparing you for entry into jobs in similar fields
- Have an understanding of the B2B contract life-cycle
- Have an understanding of the day-to-day activities of a corporate Legal/HR department
- Have owned end-to-end a process for tracking, auditing, and managing employee files
- Have networked with top executives and leaders at one of the Pacific Northwest’s fastest growing startups
You’ll thrive in this role if:
- You are actively enrolled in an undergraduate program and working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in business, communications, or a comparable field, or are a law student interested in in-house legal work and employment law.
- Due to partial in-person work requirements, this position is required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Religious and medical accommodations are available.
- You have a proven ability to learn quickly in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
- You have a proven ability to work independently and use sound judgement in decision making.
- You are able to manage a variety of fast-paced deadlines with a patient and positive attitude.
- You understand and respect the sensitive nature of confidential information and can navigate complex situations and tasks in a discrete and efficient manner.
- You have a strong attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You’re driven and comfortable in environments where structure is needed, but does not yet exist.
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.