Senior Manager, Marketing | Acquisition (Bellevue)
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
At a Glance
- 100M+ Downloads
- 20M+ monthly users
- Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
About the role:
OfferUp is seeking a Senior Manager, Marketing who is passionate about efficiently acquiring and re-engaging OfferUp users. This role will report directly to the Director of Marketing. This is a high-impact, high visibility role and this person will regularly interact with the leadership team and executives. The ideal person for this role has a strong background in app acquisition strategy and tactics, can be our lead subject matter expert, and is deeply familiar with mobile measurement and technology.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Own overarching performance marketing strategy to acquire new app users and re-engage inactive ones.
- Build strategies for scaling and optimizing mobile app acquisition campaigns to drive installs. Consistently refresh creative to fuel optimization.
- Build strategies for scaling and optimizing web acquisition campaigns to drive high quality users
- Conceptualize and implement optimization strategies to meet and exceed volume goals.
- Drive media agency relationships & daily execution of said acquisition campaigns; manage offshore contractors
- Work together with business operations and finance on forecasts, ensuring proper pacing against said plans and volumes
- Be an expert in the latest AdTech industry trends and best practices in performance marketing specific to platform changes (i.e. iOS14, ITP/ETP, CCPA, GDPR, etc.)
- Manage an intricate experimentation roadmap including A/B creative tests, incrementality tests, and spend scaling tests
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- All OfferUp employees are required to receive Covid-19 vaccinations unless an employee requires an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
- 10+ years in performance marketing
- 6+ years of experience managing large scale acquisition campaigns delivering on aggressive goals
- You are an expert in cohort based analytics and LTV/CAC based decision making
- Direct experience with audience, analytics & audience platforms such as Google Analytics, Appsflyer or other MMP, AdWords, Facebook, Snapchat, TikTok essential
- Extremely data-focused with advanced proficiency in Excel and data visualization (Pivot tables, graphs, formulas, etc.)
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and results-driven
- In depth knowledge of tracking systems and data transparency
- You have familiarity with how to leverage programmatic data for cross functional learnings, i.e. behavioral analysis, path to conversion, etc.
- You have the ability to set goals and execute under tight deadlines
- You have a strong work ethic and desire to always improve
- You are a self-motivator and are able to work independently
- Experience in/around a startup or mobile culture is a plus – you are agile and able to adapt quickly, operating in a high growth mobile-first business
- Experience managing a large multitude of business stakeholders [preferable]
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
OfferUp’s success is centered in our ability to build community and empower everyone to connect and prosper. Inclusion is central to our concept of a healthy community and our company’s values are centered in diversity. We are fully committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience. The celebration of our identities fuels our innovation and connects us to our customers and the communities we serve.