VP of Marketing
About the role:
As OfferUp continues to grow and expand we have determined that marketing is a critical area of investment with key deliverables that are in our 2022 strategic plan. The Vice President of Marketing is a new role and this role will be responsible for developing and executing our growth strategy, encompassing customer acquisition, engagement, and retention marketing across all of OfferUp, including our core marketplace, C2C, and B2C businesses. Key to this role is that you will help build and drive efficiency and effectiveness of the customer funnel by setting the roadmap and iterating through constant testing. This will require you to collaborate cross-functionally with product, UX, Sales, and others to identify and execute on opportunities to drive growth. Additionally, you will own setting key performance targets (CAC, CPI, LTV, etc), forecasting, and reporting on results. This role will be a member of the executive team and report to the Chief Growth Officer.
What we love about this role:
- Own OfferUp’s growth marketing strategy to drive our customer-facing experience across acquisition and retention approaches.
- Own the consumer-facing Brand strategy
- Hire, manage, and develop a team of driven, highly engaged individuals to grow OfferUp.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Develop and iterate go-to-market strategies, including budget, forecast, efficiency targets, and channel and agency selection.
- Own measurement and progress against business-critical KPIs related to growth (volume, CAC, retention, LTV/payback)
- Direct the Advertising budget in support of the growth of one of the largest shopping apps in the United States
- Plan, execute, and lead paid campaigns across online and offline channels, including Paid Social, SEM, Display, TV, etc.
- Plan, execute, and lead campaigns across all owned channels including email, push, in-app notifications.
- Develop and drive lifecycle retention programs, including transactional messaging, trigger programs, and large-scale campaigns.
- Partner with agencies and the visual design team to develop advertising assets, landing pages, emails, and reporting needed to manage programs at launch and beyond.
- Own management and results of ad channels post-launch, including budgeting, reporting, and efficiency optimization.
- Collaborate with functional partners to forecast and plan company revenue growth.
You’ll thrive in this role if you have: (All OfferUp employees are required to receive full Covid-19 vaccinations, per CDC guidelines. OfferUp will review accommodation requests due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.)
- 15+ years of relevant work experience including experience in marketing, engagement marketing, traffic, user acquisition.
- 7+ years experience with consumer marketing automation tools such as Braze, Appsflyer, Facebook for Business, Amplitude, etc.
- Direct experience in marketing consumer-facing apps with significant scale
- You can measure any type of Marketing investment
- You are performance-driven but Brand savvy
- Demonstrated experience in setting and driving customer acquisition measured on an LTV basis
- Ability to think strategically while being hands-on, organized, and detail-oriented
- Able to thrive in an agile environment, and able to balance strategy and execution as needed
- Strong project management, creative thinking, and analytical skills
- Excel at cross-group collaboration and problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple programs and priorities
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.