Senior Technical Program Manager (In Office or Remote)
OfferUp’s Program Management Organization (PMO) is a cross functional group that reports directly to the CTO, working with Product, Engineering, Customer Support, Marketing, Biz Ops, Legal, and other teams. We drive cross-functional initiative planning in support of successful product and engineering launches, ensure our organization’s strategic direction is reflected in projects, and help provide the means and tools for OfferUp to successfully manage cross-functional initiatives.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Sr. Technical Program Manager to join OfferUp’s growing Program Management Organization (PMO).
You’re flexible, humble, and possess impeccable judgment. You’re equally comfortable conversing with technical people as you are operational people, and thrive in a fast paced environment. You’re great at spotting issues, and adept at managing relationships up, down, and across organizations.
In this role, you’ll lead cross-functional initiatives at OfferUp, help develop processes and tools to introduce effective initiative tracking cadences, and assist various teams to manage projects and launch planning. To be successful, you’ll develop a broad understanding of the business in order to drive scalable processes and to drive alignment. As a Program Manager on the team, you’ll also help identify and implement best practices, provide thought leadership, and support and mentor more junior Program Specialists.
This role requires supporting large projects, managing project timelines, and communicating to senior management on status, risks, and process/product changes. Cross-team coordination, project management, executive presentation skills, and a proven track record of delivering results are essential.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Connect cross-functional teams to identify dependencies and remove obstacles
- Look around corners, ask the right questions, and resolve or escalate blockers, hold owners accountable for their commitments
- Capture and manage risks and escalations as needed to drive ongoing progress
- Strong verbal and written communication — excellent ability to influence stakeholders and leadership through data-driven reporting.
- Capture high level requirements and descriptions of solutions defined and delivered by the program, working with business stakeholders, domain subject matter experts, and engineering teams
- Participate and assist in managing agile ceremonies for scrum teams
- Build and manage program reporting, plans, Jira dashboards, measure and track programs from concept to delivery.
You’ll thrive in this role if you have: (All OfferUp employees are required to receive full Covid-19 vaccinations, per CDC guidelines. OfferUp will review accommodation requests due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.)
- 8+ years program or project management experience
- Worked in and managed resources in an agile environment
- Adept at leading solution-focused discussions, brainstorms, and working sessions
- Experience building, coordinating, and maintaining schedules across multiple teams
- Comfortable conversing with both technical and operational stakeholders within large scale systems in rapid growth environments.
- Developed and delivered project documentation, supporting materials, and project plans to internal teams and senior leaders throughout the project lifecycle.
- Experience as a software developer, preferably in a consumer or e-commerce product.
- Experience with reporting and database query languages such as SQL.
- Familiarity with modern software development practices and technologies (e.g containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and delivery).
- Knowledge of AWS and modern cloud architectures.
Helpful, but not required:
- PMP certification
- Scrum or agile certification
- Experience managing Jira and Confluence
- Competency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C# or C++.
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.