Director of Product Design (Bellevue, WA or Remote)
- #1 Be customer-obsessed. You understand that we are creating an experience and not just screens in an app.
- Manage a team of 5-10 designers and user researchers.
- You play a key role in leading the creation of the most personalized local shopping experience. Think of the best local “window shopping” experience you could create from your phone – and execute on it. That’s your job.
- Help the entire company visualize where we’re headed.
- Lead the user research team and understand how their role impacts the business.
- Gather insights from user research, behavioral data, and stakeholder feedback to prioritize customer experience improvements.
- Understand the end-to-end customer user experience and how all the parts come together.
- Highly analytical and thrive on data.
- Partner with Engineering and Product organization to execute against the product roadmap, delivering on the needs of the business
About you: (All OfferUp employees are required to receive full Covid-19 vaccinations, per CDC guidelines. OfferUp will review accommodation requests due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.)
- 10 years experience with 5+ years of managing and growing teams/organization.
- 3 + years in mobile app design.
- You have experience managing successful, fast-paced small to medium teams (5+ employees), including performance management and growing careers.
- You have excellent communication skills at all levels and across all disciplines.
- You are experiment-driven. You have a bias for action. You take a “good enough to test” to learn approach vs pixel perfect, too much research and opinions.
- You have a growth mindset and are highly adaptable.
- Be up to speed on the latest UI design patterns and practices.
- You have original points of view around concepts and don’t simply copy others.
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.