Director of Product Management- Ads
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
At a Glance
- 100M+ Downloads
- 20M+ monthly users
- Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
OfferUp is looking for an experienced Director of Product Management – Ads. We are looking for someone with experience building and growing an advertising platform. This person has a great product vision and ideas combined with a proven ability to influence executives and company leadership with ideas and plans from concept to execution.
In this role, you will:
- Manage a team of 2-5 product managers focused on monetization.
- Lead the definition, development, and launch of initiatives to drive innovation and growth for the Ads product.
- Create product roadmaps that are focused on achieving business goals and execute against your overall strategy.
- Gather insights from user research, usage data, and general feedback from stakeholders to prioritize improvements and new features that will deliver the Ads business objectives.
- Highly analytical and thrive on data.
- Drive iterative development and use analytics tools to run multiple A/B tests.
- Partner with Engineering organization to execute against the product roadmap, delivering on the needs of the business
- 10 years experience in leadership roles in product management with 5+ years of managing and growing teams/organization.
- 3 + years experience in the mobile advertising domain. Ad Network / Ad Exchange experience preferred
- You have experience managing successful, fast-paced small to medium teams (10+ employees), including performance management and growing careers.
- You have excellent communication skills at all levels and across all disciplines.
- All OfferUp employees are required to receive Covid-19 vaccinations unless an employee requires an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
OfferUp’s success is centered in our ability to build community and empower everyone to connect and prosper. Inclusion is central to our concept of a healthy community and our company’s values are centered in diversity. We are fully committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience. The celebration of our identities fuels our innovation and connects us to our customers and the communities we serve.