Director of Product Management, B2B Services (Bellevue, Hybrid)
About The Role
OfferUp is seeking a seasoned Director of Product Management – B2B Services. As the product leader for our B2B offerings, you are responsible for the development, optimization, and growth of the products and services we provide for businesses that interact with OfferUp users across our items marketplace, jobs, and other potential future verticals. In this high visibility role, you will report directly to the SVP of Product and have extensive direct exposure to leaders at the senior level throughout the company.
The ideal candidate is a product management leader and strategic collaborator who is a key business owner and partner to the OfferUp Executive leadership team. You are a smart, data-driven decision-maker who dives deeply and directly into the day-to-day work, excels at hiring and developing a high-performing team, and takes professional pride in operational excellence while meeting and exceeding stretch goals. You are highly adaptable – ideally having successfully met the demands of a larger company and being scrappy and hands-on in a start-up. In addition, you have a passion for product development and are driven to grow and scale OfferUp as we propel forward.
The ideal candidate is adept at building great products that serve business customers at scale, ideally in a marketplace or online retail environment. You have developed and scaled services that enable businesses to integrate, administer, scale, and monetize offerings to an online consumer base. You understand monetization levers and experiment, as a matter of course, to come up with the right solutions in the best interest of the user and a merchant. Two-sided marketplace experience, SaaS experience, e-commerce, and endemic advertising experience would all be highly leveraged in this role.
What we love about this role:
- Ability to own and drive a large business line
- Access to a world-class sales organization and high-powered engineering team
- Massive potential for going deep and wide into many local verticals by leveraging our large and highly engaged audience.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Set the strategic direction and product roadmap to scale OfferUp’s onsite success and monetization of businesses that offer products to our users, currently in our items marketplace, motors, and jobs verticals, with the opportunity for future category expansion
- Create and scale highly effective monetization, pricing, and subscription offerings per vertical.
- Automate and streamline business acquisition and growth by utilizing product-led growth tactics.
- Work hand-in-hand with the C2C Product team to find an optimal balance of B2C and C2C presence and performance across all our consumer-facing touchpoints.
- Build out business-facing onboarding, account management, and online support platforms.
- Work hand-in-hand with the C2C Product, Marketing, Sales, and Engineering organizations for prioritization, project delivery, and ongoing execution.
- Adapt and modify product and business requirements based on quantitative and qualitative results supported by routine and regular statistical experimentation.
- Act as a champion for OfferUp’s mission, vision, and values and partner across the company to drive a high-performance work environment.
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- Proven track record of setting a vision and strategy for a Product, including P&L responsibility and driving solutions and practices that are innovative and scrappy.
- 7+ years of Product Management experience building and delivering B2C or B2B/SaaS products within a high-performance tech company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You are able to communicate effectively with non-technical and technical audiences and all levels of the organization.
- Detail-oriented, have sound judgment, can break down complex problems, and find simple, elegant solutions.
- Lead using data, establishing clear metrics, and reporting for the products you lead.
- Able to coach and teach others the best practices for operating a business, including operational planning and P&L management.
- A track record for identifying, attracting, developing, and retaining a talented, diverse team of product professionals.
- A combination of experience working with large companies that have established the best of class Product and Engineering practices and operating effectively at an early-stage technology company.
- Bachelor’s degree required
Compensation Range: 195k-265k + up to 20% annual bonus
OfferUp offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. Individual salaries within our ranges are determined through a variety of factors including, but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. All roles will receive equity in OfferUp as part of their compensation, the amount of equity varying depending on the individual’s level and experience.
In addition to our compensation package, this role is eligible to enroll in health insurance, healthcare savings and spending accounts, retirement savings benefits (401(k) plan with match), basic and voluntary life insurance, disability benefits, and paid time off for sick leave, family and/or medical leave, vacation, and 12 company holidays. In regard to vacation time, OfferUp has a flexible vacation policy and, in general, full-time exempt employees will be expected to take 3-5 weeks (15-30 days) of pre-planned vacation time per year. Vacation needs are flexible and will naturally vary from year to year based on individual circumstances and business needs. In regard to sick time, all full-time employees (exempt and non-exempt) will be granted 12 days (96 hours) of sick time per year (pro-rated if they start a date other than January 1). Your recruiter can share more details about specific benefits during the interview process.
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.