Director of Product Management- Consumer Platform
From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
At a Glance
- 1 in 5 people used OfferUp in the U.S. in 2020.
- 100+ Million Downloads.
- 20M+ monthly users.
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando).
- Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play store for three years.
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities.
About the role
OfferUp has an exciting opportunity to join the Product team as a Director of Product. We are looking for someone with an excellent product vision and ideas and effectively influencing executives, management, and across the company with ideas and plans from concept to execution.
Our ideal candidate thinks strategically and will roll up their sleeves to develop plans and lead the team bringing proven product management experience. You should be scrappy, have an obsession with data, and have precise communication skills. We need a creative, business-oriented product leader who can think big to figure out the long-term product and monetization strategy and move fast to develop and iterate on plans to get there. To be successful, you’ll be an entrepreneurial team player who can lead a cross-functional team to drive growth and revenue and thrives in a fast-paced, data-driven, execution-focused environment. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
- 10+ years experience in product management leadership roles, with 5+ years leading and growing successful teams/organizations.
- Experience leading leaders and managing different product lines through others.
- Consumer internet experience required, marketplace experience a plus (Data Insights, Search, Discovery, Ads, Catalog)
- Experience launching, growing and driving new consumer-facing initiatives
- Experience in strategic thinking, business planning, developing roadmaps focused on achieving business goals
- Excellent analytic skills and data-driven approach
- Strong teamwork and proven ability to partner across an organization to get stuff done
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Track record of excellence and delivering results
- Proven ability to lead and scale teams rapidly
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally. Do work that matters. Join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
#Dir PM PL