Head of Trust & Safety (In Office or Remote)
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
At a Glance
- 100M+ Downloads
- 20M+ monthly users
- Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
About the Role
As the Senior Leader of Trust & Safety at OfferUp, the overall responsibility is to foster trust between our customers and the OfferUp platform. OfferUp has distinguished itself by ensuring its buyers and sellers enjoy trustworthy online and offline experiences. To lead OfferUp into our next chapter, this role will:
- Ensure our customers have a secure online experience, and promote and facilitate safe offline experiences when using OfferUp
- Manage a cross-functional team of product managers, policy specialists, and content operations
- Define and deliver continuous Trust & Safety improvements against quarterly and annual metrics-driven goals
- Create quarterly and annual roadmaps for product improvements, organizational capabilities and operational workstreams related to Trust & Safety
- Oversee incident response, drive improvements to our operations, and define long-term strategy for risk avoidance
We’re looking for a senior leader to keep our customer experience and our company front-footed when it comes to safety and security. This role requires grit and perseverance, as trust is earned over time and can be lost quickly. An ideal candidate has a track record of using a mixture of data-driven decision making and experiential judgement.
- All OfferUp employees are required to receive Covid-19 vaccinations unless an employee is in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.
- 8+ years experience in product or technical program management roles, with 4+ years leading and growing successful teams/organizations.
- Consumer internet experience required, marketplace and online fraud / abuse prevention experience a plus
- A proven ability to partner across an organization to get stuff done
- Experience in strategic thinking, business planning, data-driven decision making, and developing roadmaps focused on achieving business goals
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
OfferUp’s success is centered in our ability to build community and empower everyone to connect and prosper. Inclusion is central to our concept of a healthy community and our company’s values are centered in diversity. We are fully committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience. The celebration of our identities fuels our innovation and connects us to our customers and the communities we serve.