Principal Product Manager – Advertising (Bellevue/Hybrid)
About the role:
Are you a customer-focused advertising product manager and want to work at one of Seattle’s most successful startups? OfferUp is seeking a Principal Product Manager – Advertising.
In this role, you will be an important part of the product development process at OfferUp, working in close collaboration with engineering and other teams to deliver customer-facing features that effectively integrate high-performance advertising within our world-class consumer-to-consumer marketplace. You will develop advertising integration and growth plans, manage a product backlog and roadmap for your team, write feature briefs and product requirements, run experiments to optimize new advertising features, collect customer feedback, and drive top-line revenue.
You must be a highly motivated person with a history of success building and delivering B2C advertising products for high-performance digital products and services. We are looking for an excellent thinker with strong quantitative skills. Intellectual curiosity, the ability to roll up one’s sleeves, and emotional intelligence. In addition, you need to be driven to grow and scale OfferUp forward through the inevitable ups and downs of a start-up tech company.
This role is located in Bellevue, Washington, with the expectation of working 1-2 days per week in the office, along with occasional additional meetings as required.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Identify and integrate new advertising formats and placements that deliver optimal revenue performance while preserving a delightful overall product experience for users.
- Solve challenging, open-ended problems with multiple tradeoffs and competing priorities
- Influence cross functional leaders with contributions to discussions and decisions at the highest levels
- Lead end-to-end feature requirements through collaboration with designers, data scientists, engineers, sales, support, marketing, and business leadership
- Develop a multi-quarter product roadmap, prioritized backlog and execution schedule
- Define and execute high quality A/B and multivariate experiments within OfferUp’s agile ‘test-and-learn’ operating environment.
- Define and build useful in-house features and tools to support effective advertising configuration and optimization.
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- A driven, self-starter personality that thrives in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple, competing priorities to create positive outcomes
- Expertise to generate innovative approaches to multifaceted problems and advocate for them to key stakeholders, challenging conventional wisdom and existing models
- Ability to execute quickly with limited guidance on complex, cross functional projects with multiple working groups, building high-performance team dynamics
- Experience with data analysis and applying quantitative reasoning towards multidimensional problems
- Proven history of shipping/managing products in highly collaborative environments
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical and technical audiences across all levels of the organization
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in product management
Helpful, but not required:
- Experience in a marketplace/two sided business model environment
- Experience working on products with diverse customer segments
Compensation Range: $175k-$225k
OfferUp offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. Individual salaries within our ranges are determined through a variety of factors including, but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. All roles will receive equity in OfferUp as part of their compensation, the amount of equity varying depending on the individual’s level and experience.
In addition to our compensation package, this role is eligible to enroll in health insurance, healthcare savings and spending accounts, retirement savings benefits (401(k) plan with match), basic and voluntary life insurance, disability benefits, and paid time off for sick leave, family and/or medical leave, vacation, and 12 company holidays. In regard to vacation time, OfferUp has a flexible vacation policy and, in general, full-time exempt employees will be expected to take 3-5 weeks (15-30 days) of pre-planned vacation time per year. Vacation needs are flexible and will naturally vary from year to year based on individual circumstances and business needs. In regard to sick time, all full-time employees (exempt and non-exempt) will be granted 12 days (96 hours) of sick time per year (pro-rated if they start a date other than January 1). Your recruiter can share more details about specific benefits during the interview process.