Principal Product Manager (In Office or Remote)
About the role:
Are you a customer-focused Product Manager who wants to work at one of Seattle’s most successful startups? OfferUp is seeking a Principal Product Manager who is passionate about product discovery, including search relevance, ranking, and personalization.
The Discovery team owns core parts of the shopping experience, including homepage browse, keyword search, and filters. The team is tasked with delighting our shoppers by helping them find what they’re looking for from the millions of products available on OfferUp. Leveraging microservice infrastructure and data science algorithms, we put the right items in front of the right buyers to drive engagement and transactions.
We are looking for an experienced product manager with strong quantitative skills. Intellectual curiosity, ability to roll up one’s sleeves, and emotional intelligence are essential for this role. In addition, you need to have a passion for product development and be driven to grow and scale OfferUp forward through the inevitable ups and downs of an earlier stage tech company.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Define a critical piece of the discovery journey for millions of buyers each day, including which items are surfaced from our extensive catalog and how and when they are presented to the buyer
- Collaborate closely with data science to improve search query understanding, item retrieval, recommendations, ranking, and personalization
- Develop a detailed product roadmap and execution schedule for the Discovery team
- Lead end-to-end feature delivery through collaboration with designers, data scientists, engineers, and business leadership, including assessing the impact on buyer engagement, retention, and monetization.
You’ll thrive in this role if you have: (All OfferUp employees are required to receive full Covid-19 vaccinations, per CDC guidelines. OfferUp will review accommodation requests due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.)
- A driven, self-starter personality that thrives in a fast-paced and mission-critical environment — adaptively managing competing priorities to create positive outcomes
- Ability to use sound judgment to breakdown complex problems and use data to pinpoint and justify investment into high-impact product opportunities
- A track record of customer obsession and deep-diving on quantitative and qualitative evidence channeled from real customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex, abstract, and technical topics effectively with non-technical and technical audiences across all levels of the organization
- 7+ years hands-on product management or equivalent experience building and delivering B2C or B2B software products within a high-performance tech company
- 2+ years experience with discovery, search, ranking, and/or personalization
- Experience building consumer-scale software products that are measurably valuable and delighting to users.
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.