Principal Product Manager (Mexico)
This opening is in Mexico. Please ensure you submitted your resume in English for review.
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
At a Glance
- 100M+ Downloads
- 20M+ monthly users
- Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
About the role:
Are you a customer-focused Principal Product Manager and want to work at one of Seattle’s most successful startups? OfferUp is seeking a Principal Product Manager.
In this role, you will be an integral part of the product development process at OfferUp, working in close collaboration with engineering and other teams to delight customers. You will be responsible for managing a product backlog and roadmap for your team, writing feature briefs and product requirements, testing new features, and collecting customer feedback.
You must be a highly motivated person with a history of success building and delivering B2C or B2B products within a high-performance tech company. We are looking for an excellent thinker with strong quantitative skills. Intellectual curiosity, ability to roll up one’s sleeves, and emotional intelligence are essential for this role. In addition, you need to be driven to grow and scale OfferUp forward through the inevitable ups and downs of an earlier stage tech company.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Lead end-to-end feature requirements through collaboration with designers, data scientists, engineers, sales, support, marketing, and business leadership
- Develop a detailed product roadmap and execution schedule.
- Define and build useful features, tools, and experiences
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- A driven, self-starter personality that thrives in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple, competing priorities to create positive outcomes
- Experience with data analysis and applying quantitative reasoning towards multidimensional problems
- Proven history of shipping/managing products in highly collaborative environments
- The ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical and technical audiences across all levels of the organization
Helpful, but not required:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in product management
- Experience in a marketplace/two sided business model environment
- Experience working on products with diverse customer segments
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.