Product Designer (@Remote)
About the role:
The OfferUp Marketplace team is looking for a Product Designer to bring critical thinking, pragmatism, and strong collaboration skills to foster a more trustworthy local marketplace. You will partner closely with Product Managers and Engineers to own the customer journey, from research and understanding customer needs to collaborating with engineers on final designs. At OfferUp, you will have the opportunity to innovate in a mission-driven marketplace that empowers a unique set of customers exchanging goods they need for everyday life. In your first 6 months on the job, you’ll be launching features that help millions of customers find what they need and stay safe on the marketplace. As a lead for your specific team, you will have a chance to have a huge impact!
This role can be in Bellevue, Washington or @Remote in the following states: Washington, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas.
This job is right for you if you value:
- Helping people make additional income from home.
- Helping people safely find goods they need at a low price.
- Reducing waste created from producing new goods.
- A community of neighbors connecting over common interests.
Who we’re looking for:
- You are a seasoned product designer with diverse skills and experience.
- You are able to take complex requirements, customer needs, and business goals and create elegant, simple design solutions that are scalable and easy to use.
- You have a strong foundation in user-centered design and leverage research insights to define problems, explore and iterate on solutions, and then validate your designs with customers.
- You think holistically through the customer journey from marketing and branding to retention and engagement.
- You collaborate and communicate clearly and concisely with team members across multiple disciplines to understand and align on opportunities, problems, constraints, and principles guiding design solutions.
- You are well versed in leveraging design systems and understand the importance to customers of consistent, repeatable, interaction patterns.
- You are an excellent communicator both verbally and in writing. You are able to articulate your design choices, communicate trade-offs, and explain alternatives.
- You thrive in a highly collaborative team environment where together we obsess over our customers, elevate our craft, and raise the bar of our customer experience.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Lead and execute design through all phases of the product development process – from research and insights, design explorations and iteration, to final design handoff and engineering support.
- Work with project managers and engineering to define the schedule of design phases, deliverables, reviews, and milestones.
- Work with other designers on the UX team to evolve, improve, and maintain our design system to meet the needs of our customers.
- Participate in UX team crits, share work in progress, and provide feedback to other team members.
- Communicate, document, and present design direction to senior leadership, team members, and key stakeholders.
- After launching new products and features, collaborate with product managers, UX researchers, and analysts to track KPIs, identify customer issues, and rapidly iterate on solutions.
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- All OfferUp employees are required to receive full Covid-19 vaccinations, per CDC guidelines. OfferUp will review accommodation requests due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.
- 3+ years of product design experience with at least 2 years of leading major product design initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, HCI, or related field.
- A proven track record of applying user-centered design processes and methodology to product definition, design, and development. You have experience with every stage of the design process, including research, sketches, wireframes, high fidelity mock-ups, prototyping, and usability testing.
- Strong conceptual skills and proven ability to rapidly prototype and design to communicate ideas to others.
- Ability to tailor presentations and reviews to different audiences (working team, department heads, executive team)
- Highly fluent in the latest design tools such as Figma, and proficient at quickly learning new ones.
- A growth mindset.
Helpful, but not required
- 2+ years experience working on advertising, eCommerce, or business productivity tools.
- 2+ years working specifically on web-based solutions including responsive design.
- Deeper specialization in at least one area (IA, Interaction, Visual, Design systems, etc).
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.