Product Manager, Trust and Safety (@Remote)
About the role:
Are you a customer-focused product manager and want to work at one of Seattle’s most successful startups? OfferUp is seeking an Associate Product Manager.
In this role, you will be an integral part of the product development process at OfferUp, working closely with the Principal Product Managers, engineering, and other teams to delight customers. You will lead the design and development of features on the OfferUp platform. This role is all about converting great ideas into reality. You will write feature briefs and product requirements, oversee testing new features, plan customer-facing experiments to measure impact, collect customer feedback, and present results.
You must be highly motivated and organized. We are looking for an excellent thinker with strong quantitative skills, intellectual curiosity, and the ability to work through issues to deliver features.
This role can be in Bellevue, Washington or @Remote in the following states: Washington, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Contribute to the Trust and Safety feature roadmaps
- Deliver features that protect users from fraud, scams, or other unpleasant experiences
- Deliver features that help buyers and sellers enhance their online profile
- Guide generation of end-to-end feature requirements through collaboration with designers, data scientists, engineers, sales, support, marketing, and business leadership
- Work with the Principal Product Managers to ensure the features you implement contribute to help solve larger strategic problems
- Use sound judgment to evaluate multiple tradeoffs, competing priorities, and business or technical constraints
- Influence cross-functional leaders with contributions to discussions and decisions
You’ll thrive in this role if you have: All OfferUp employees are required to receive full Covid-19 vaccinations, per CDC guidelines. OfferUp will review accommodation requests due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.
- Expertise to generate innovative approaches to multifaceted problems and advocate for them to key stakeholders, challenging conventional wisdom and existing models
- Ability to execute quickly with limited guidance on complex, cross-functional projects with multiple working groups, building high-performance team dynamics
- A driven, self-starter personality that thrives in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple, competing priorities to create positive outcomes
- Experience with data analysis and applying quantitative reasoning toward multidimensional problems
- Proven history of shipping/managing products in highly collaborative environments
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical and technical audiences across all levels of the organization
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in product management
Helpful, but not required
- Experience in Trust & Safety, Risk Management, or Protection Services
- Familiarity with Authentication, email OTP, Phone OTP, Account Takeovers, scripted registration attacks, and VPN technologies
- Experience in a C2C marketplace business model environment
- Experience working on products with diverse customer segments
- Experience writing corporate policies
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.