Risk Data Analyst (@Remote)
About the role:
On the Product Trust & Safety Team, our focus is to ensure the integrity of our marketplace for buyers and sellers who transact with us every single day. Our team is responsible for using data and tools to quickly identify bad activity.
In this role, you will use data and your strong business knowledge to supply strategic decision-making and performance optimization in the risk operations of our rapidly growing business. This role requires strong business analysis skills, effective use of large and complex data sets, excellent organizational habits, good judgment, the ability to recommend solutions to complex problems, and excellent communication skills. It’s a great opportunity to flex your analytic muscle in a dynamic environment where intellectual curiosity, analytic tenacity, and creative problem solving are highly valued.
At OfferUp, you will be part of a purpose-driven community dedicated to creating a dynamic and versatile work environment. OfferUp Trust and Safety Operations is an integral part of a growing organization that values neighborly collaboration, passion, and inventiveness. You will help create the future of e-commerce and make an important, positive impact on millions of OfferUp buyers and sellers.
This role can be in Bellevue, Washington or @Remote in the following states: Washington, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Analyze unwanted user behavior and activity related to listing, selling and payment activities through the effective use of data.
- Find trends, correlation, and patterns in complicated datasets via data mining, trend identification, root cause analysis, statistical analysis, and impact assessment.
- Innovate and implement new ways to countermeasure risk behavior by defining, optimizing, and organizing risk tools to restrict questionable activity.
- Communicate risk trends and mitigation results via weekly reports, ad hoc write-ups, and direct engagement with stakeholders at all levels throughout the organization.
- Lead moderately complex projects including collaboration with business units and product managers.
You’ll thrive in this role if you:
Have Subject Matter Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Relevant work experience in fraud, content moderation, policy, risk, or platform abuse.
Make Data-Driven Decisions
- Knowledge of SQL. Able to query relational databases. Bonus if you know Python
- Experience with data visualization in Looker, Tableau, or equivalent business intelligence tools
- Proven analytical skills and ability to define & clearly articulate success by metrics and data-driven measurements
Have Strong Communication Skills
- Proven ability to effectively communicate complex data and analysis to a wide range of both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication, and leadership skills
- Ability to influence and work with others
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and partners
Are a Team Player
- Great team player who can be agile and flexible in fast-changing and undefined situations
- Adaptable to ever-changing work environments and routines, and willing to step in on another task if it’s outside of their planned workday
- Success depends on building rapport and credibility with different stakeholders
Are a Self Starter:
- Approaches business problems with a sense of data-driven curiosity
- Ability to work effectively in an autonomous fashion, and willingness to enable the success of stakeholders
- Ability with managing multiple tasks under strict timelines with meticulous attention to detail
- Creative thinker with “outside the box” solutions to challenging situations
- Demonstrates a strong sense for doing the right thing for our customers
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.