Senior Product Manager, Data Analytics & Experimentation (@Remote)
About the role:
Are you a customer-obsessed Product Manager who wants to work at one of Seattle’s most successful startups?
OfferUp is seeking a Senior Product Manager to lead our digital analytics and experimentation product team. In this role, you will empower our product teams to test and learn, quickly and accurately. You will define the processes & best practices we follow, own the tools we use, monitor our experimentation efforts, and lead training to build our a/b testing skills. In addition, you will work closely with our leadership team and a team of software engineers to define and model key metrics and build reports that our leaders will use to track the state of our business.
The right candidate will have significant experience running digital experiments or an experimentation program. You are an excellent communicator, a true listener, and an effective teacher. You are comfortable with and passionate about making sense of data. Finally, you’ll be scrappy and results-driven, unafraid to do the work that needs to be done. In return, you’ll have little bureaucracy, strong support, and a big impact on a big startup.
This role can be in Bellevue, Washington or @Remote in the following states: Washington, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Solve large, open-ended, problems with multiple tradeoffs and competing priorities
- Regularly influence cross functional leaders with contributions to discussions and decisions at the highest levels
- Lead end-to-end feature requirements through collaboration with designers, data scientists, engineers, sales, support, marketing, and business leadership
- Independently develop a detailed, multi-quarter product roadmap and execution schedule
- Define and build useful features, tools, and experiences
You’ll thrive in this role if you have: All OfferUp employees are required to receive full Covid-19 vaccinations, per CDC guidelines. OfferUp will review accommodation requests due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.
- A strong understanding of a/b testing best practices. Robust experience running digital or scientific experiments or an experimentation program.
- Experience delivering insightful analytics products to product and business leaders.
- Ability to execute quickly on complex, cross functional projects with multiple working groups, building high-performance team dynamics
- A driven, self-starter personality that thrives in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple, competing priorities to create positive outcomes
- Proven history of shipping/managing products in highly collaborative environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical and technical audiences across all levels of the organization
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in product management
Helpful, but not required
- Experience in a marketplace/two sided business model environment
- MBA or equivalent experience
- Statistics or experimentation background (scientific or digital)
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.