Senior Product Manager
About the role:
Are you a customer-focused product manager and want to work at one of Seattle’s most successful startups? OfferUp is seeking a Senior Product Manager.
In this role, you will be an integral part of the product development process at OfferUp, working in close collaboration with engineering and other teams to delight customers. You will be responsible for managing a product backlog and roadmap for your team, writing feature briefs and product requirements, testing new features, and collecting customer feedback.
You must be a highly motivated person with a history of success building and delivering products within a high-performance tech company. We are looking for an excellent thinker with strong quantitative skills. Intellectual curiosity, the ability to roll up one’s sleeves, and emotional intelligence are essential for this role. In addition, you need to be driven to grow and scale OfferUp forward through the inevitable ups and downs of a start-up tech company.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Help set direction and priorities for our product and solve ambiguous problems
- Regularly influence within and across teams
- Lead end-to-end feature requirements through collaboration with designers, data scientists, engineers, sales, support, marketing, and business leadership
- Own a detailed product roadmap and execution schedule
- Define and build useful features, tools, and experiences
You’ll thrive in this role if you have: (All OfferUp employees are required to receive full Covid-19 vaccinations, per CDC guidelines. OfferUp will review accommodation requests due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.)
- Expertise to articulate new approaches to complex business problems
- Ability to execute quickly and accurately while leading numerous projects across multiple teams and functions
- A driven, self-starter personality that thrives in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple, competing priorities to create positive outcomes
- Experience with data analysis and applying quantitative reasoning toward problems
- Proven history of shipping/managing products in highly collaborative environments
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical and technical audiences
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in product management
Helpful, but not required:
- Experience in a marketplace/two sided business model environment
- Experience working on products with diverse customer segments
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.