Sr. Product Manager, Trust and Safety (WA or FL)
About the role:
Are you a customer-focused product manager who wants to work at one of Seattle’s most successful startups? OfferUp is seeking a Trust & Safety Product Manager.
This Product Manager will play a critical role in delivering compliance infrastructure and functionality to protect users on the OfferUp platform. In this role, you will be an integral part of the product development process. You will develop project plans, build roadmaps, guide prioritization, break initiatives into smaller projects, write feature briefs, oversee delivery, launch experiments, define & monitor outcomes via metrics, understand customer perceptions, and present results. You will partner closely with OfferUp’s legal department, design team, engineering team, and other product groups to ensure agile delivery of solutions. This role is all about delivering tangible product features and associated internal processes that ensure OfferUp is a safe and trusted platform.
You must be highly motivated and organized. We are looking for an excellent thinker with strong quantitative skills, intellectual curiosity, and the ability to work through complex issues, and a proven ability to execute and deliver features.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Contribute to both the compliance and Trust & Safety feature roadmaps
- Deliver features that keep Offerup compliant with laws and regulations
- Deliver features that protect users from fraud, scams, or other unwanted experiences
- Guide generation of end-to-end feature requirements through collaboration with analysts, designers, data scientists, engineers, sales, support, marketing, and business leadership
- Work with the Senior Principal Product Manager to ensure the features you implement help solve larger strategic problems
- Use sound judgment to evaluate multiple tradeoffs, competing priorities, and business or technical constraints
- Influence cross-functional leaders with contributions to discussions and decisions
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- 3 to 5 years of industry experience
- 2+ years experience in trust & safety, protection services, privacy, compliance, or similar functions
- 1+ years running experiments on a common experimentation platform
- Experience with data analysis and applying quantitative reasoning to solve multidimensional problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical and technical audiences across all levels of the organization
- Ability to execute quickly with limited guidance on complex, cross-functional projects with multiple working groups, building high-performance team dynamics
- A driven, self-starter personality that thrives in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple,competing priorities to create positive outcomes
- Ability to influence and persuade decision-making across a wide range of stakeholder disciplines to deliver change.
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
Helpful, but not required:
- Familiarity with Authentication, email OTP, Phone OTP, Account Takeovers, scripted registration attacks, and VPN technologies
- Experience with incident response planning
- Experience in a C2C marketplace business model environment
- Experience working on products with diverse customer segments
- Experience writing corporate policies
Compensation Range:$170,000 – $198,000
OfferUp offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. Individual salaries within our ranges are determined through a variety of factors including, but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills and geography. All roles will receive equity in OfferUp as part of their compensation, the amount of equity varying depending on the individual’s level and experience.
In addition to our compensation package, this role is eligible to enroll in health insurance, healthcare savings and spending accounts, retirement savings benefits (401(k) plan with match), basic and voluntary life insurance, disability benefits, and paid time off for sick leave, family and/or medical leave, vacation, and 12 company holidays. In regard to vacation time, OfferUp has a flexible vacation policy and, in general, full-time exempt employees will be expected to take 3-5 weeks (15-30 days) of pre-planned vacation time per year. Vacation needs are flexible and will naturally vary from year to year based on individual circumstances and business needs. In regard to sick time, all full-time employees (exempt and non-exempt) will be granted 12 days (96 hours) of sick time per year (pro-rated if they start a date other than January 1). Your recruiter can share more details about specific benefits during the interview process.
OfferUp is the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S. We are changing the way people buy and sell in their communities by providing a uniquely simple and trusted experience on our iOS and Android apps. Our goal is to be the platform of choice for local commerce by connecting buyers and sellers through an interface that makes selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from a mobile device. OfferUp was founded in 2011 and has grown to serve local markets across the U.S. with more than 1 in 5 adults using OfferUp in 2022.
More About OfferUp At a Glance:
- Top 10 Shopping app in the App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities