VP of Product Management- Revenue
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
At a Glance
- 100M+ Downloads
- 20M+ monthly users
- Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
About The Role
OfferUp is seeking a seasoned Vice President of Product Management- Revenue. As the leader of revenue, you are responsible for all aspects of platform monetization including advertising, subscriptions, and transactions.
The ideal candidate is a product management leader and strategic collaborator who serves as a key business owner and partner to the OfferUp Executive leadership team. You are a smart, data-driven decision-maker who excels at hiring and developing a high-performing team and takes professional pride in operational excellence while meeting and exceeding stretch goals. You are highly adaptable — having successfully met the demands of a big company and being scrappy and hands-on in a start-up. In addition, you have a passion for product development and are driven to grow and scale OfferUp as we propel forward.
The ideal candidate has succeeded in growing advertising revenue and/or subscription revenue and leading monetization strategies. You understand monetization levers and aren’t afraid to experiment to come up with the right solutions in the best interest of the user and a merchant. 2 sided marketplace experience, SaaS experience, PLG, and advertising experience would all be highly leveraged in this role.
What we love about this role:
- Ability to own and drive a large business line
- Access to a world-class sales organization and high powered engineering team
- Massive potential for going deep and wide into many local verticals by leveraging our vast and highly engaged audience.
- Developing and setting the strategic direction and product roadmap for OfferUp’s vertical lines of business, both short and long term.
- Creating highly effective monetization and subscription offerings per vertical.
- Automating and streamlining acquisition and growth by utilizing product-led growth tactics.
- Build out an automated onboarding and account management platform for our sales organization.
- Working hand-in-hand with the Inside Sales and Engineering organizations for prioritization, project delivery, and ongoing execution.
- Adapting and modifying the product and business requirements based on quantitative and qualitative results.
- Acting as a champion for OfferUp’s mission, vision, and values and partner across the company to drive a high-performance work environment.
- Proven track record of setting a vision and strategy for a Product, including P&L responsibility and driving solutions and practices that are innovative and scrappy.
- 7+ years of Product Management experience building and delivering B2C or B2B/SaaS products within a high-performance tech company.
- Advertising experience ideal.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You are able to communicate effectively with non-technical and technical audiences and all levels of the organization.
- Detail-oriented, have sound judgment, and can break down complex problems and find simple, elegant solutions.
- Lead using data, establishing clear metrics, and reporting for the products you lead.
- Able to coach and teach others in best practices for operating a business, including operational planning and P&L management.
- A track record for identifying, attracting, developing, and retaining a talented, diverse team of product professionals.
- You have a combination of experience working with large companies that have established the best of class Product and Engineering practices and operating effectively at an early-stage technology company.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally. Do work that matters. Join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
OfferUp’s success is centered on our ability to build community and empower everyone to connect and prosper. Inclusion is central to our concept of a healthy community and our company’s values are centered on diversity. We are fully committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience. The celebration of our identities fuels our innovation and connects us to our customers and the communities we serve.