VP of Product Management- Verticals
- 100M+ Downloads
- 20M+ monthly users
- Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
OfferUp employees need to reside in Florida, North Carolina, Colorado, Nevada, Texas, Tennessee, or Washington. Due to the current pandemic, OfferUp employees are working remotely through at least June 30, 2021. Once the company deems it safe to return to our offices, employees will have the option to continue to work remotely in Florida, North Carolina, Colorado, Nevada, Texas, Tennessee or work in our offices located in Bellevue, WA, or Miami, Florida.
About The Role
OfferUp is seeking a seasoned Vice President of Product Management- Verticals. As the Leader of Product Verticals, you are responsible for all aspects of current (Autos) and new vertical lines of business, including the customer experience and monetization. In this role, you will work with Sales, Business Development, and Marketing to drive the right levers for this business, set pricing per vertical, establishing acquisition and revenue goals, and manage the P&L.
The ideal candidate is a product management leader and strategic collaborator who serves as a key business owner and partner to the OfferUp Executive leadership team. You are a smart, data-driven decision-maker who excels at hiring and developing a high performing team and takes professional pride in operational excellence while meeting and exceeding stretch goals. You are highly adaptable — having successfully met the demands of a big company and being scrappy and hands-on in a start-up. In addition, you have a passion for product development and are driven to grow and scale OfferUp as we propel forward.
The ideal candidate has succeeded in growing subscription revenue and leading monetization strategies in a B2B context and has good user experience chops to drive scale. You understand monetization levers and aren’t afraid to experiment to come up with the right solutions that are in the best interest of the user as well as a merchant. 2 sided marketplace experience, SaaS experience, PLG, and advertising experience would all be highly leveraged in this role.
What we love about this role:
- Ability to really own and drive a large business line
- Access to a world class sales organization and high powered engineering team
- Huge potential for going deep and wide into many local verticals by leveraging our huge and highly engaged audience.
- Real ability to flex your knowledge and learn a lot very quickly.
- Developing and setting the strategic direction and product roadmap for OfferUp’s vertical lines of business, both short and long term.
- Creating highly effective monetization and subscription offerings per vertical.
- Automating and streamlining acquisition and growth by utilizing product-led growth tactics.
- Build out an automated onboarding and account management platform for our sales organization.
- Working hand-in-hand with the Inside Sales and Engineering organizations for prioritization, project delivery, and ongoing execution.
- Adapting and modifying the product and business requirements based on quantitative and qualitative results.
- Acting as a champion for OfferUp’s mission, vision, and values and partner across the company to drive a high-performance work environment.
- Proven track record of setting a vision and strategy for a Product; including P&L responsibility and driving solutions and practices that are both innovative and scrappy.
- 7+ years of Product Management experience building and delivering B2C or B2B/SaaS products within a high-performance tech company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You are able to communicate effectively with non-technical and technical audiences and all levels of the organization.
- Detail-oriented, have sound judgment and can break down complex problems and find simple, elegant solutions.
- Lead using data, establishing clear metrics, and reporting for the products you lead.
- Able to coach and teach others in best practices for operating a business, including operational planning and P&L management.
- A track record for identifying, attracting, developing, and retaining a talented, diverse team of product professionals.
- You have a combination of experience working with large companies that have established the best of class Product and Engineering practices and operating effectively at an early stage technology company.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally. Do work that matters. Join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.