Concierge Agent – Autos (Contract)
About the role:
Are you a customer-focused appointment setter and want to work at one of Seattle’s most successful startups? OfferUp is seeking an appointment setter who is passionate about customer service.
In this role, you will communicate with customers through live chat to answer questions, set appointments, and help car shoppers with their purchasing experience. You will function at the front line of customer service and act as a liaison between the customer and dealership.
What we love about this role:
- Interact with customers and a growing dealership base.
- Real ability to flex your knowledge and learn quickly.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Respond to customers quickly and efficiently, helping them in the car buying process.
- Provide a great experience for our dealers.
- Build out new processes as the program grows.
You’ll thrive in this role if you have: (All OfferUp employees are required to receive full Covid-19 vaccinations, per CDC guidelines. OfferUp will review accommodation requests due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief.)
- Customer service – since chat agents work directly with customers to solve end-user issues and answer questions, it’s essential that they have strong customer service skills
- Computer literacy – must be able to easily operate a computer, especially in terms of checking and responding to emails as well as utilizing live chat services and software. Familiarity with G-Suite and Salesforce is preferred
- Problem-solving skills – the ability to solve problems is just as integral to a chat agent’s work as solid communication skills. When presented with a problem, chat agents must be able to find a solution calmly and efficiently, even if the customer is impatient or disgruntled
- Organization skills – Chat agents should have strong organizational skills and be able to effectively sort large amounts of information. Chats will be coming in for different locations all at the same time, so being able to handle the traffic will require an organized system.
- Good attitude – though it may go without saying, it’s worth noting that the most successful chat agents address customers in an upbeat and positive manner. Even when facing complex problems or difficult questions, it’s important that chat agents maintain a good attitude.
Helpful, but not required:
- Automotive Experience
- You speak an additional language
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
More About OfferUp At a Glance
- #2 U.S. shopping app in Q1 of ‘21, Top 5 in App Store and Google Play Store for three years.
- 100M+ Downloads, 20M+ monthly users
- 56M People used OfferUp last year (1 in 4 people over the age of 14)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities by creating safe in-person locations for OfferUp transactions.
- Billions of dollars worth of transactions are facilitated via the OfferUp marketplace every month
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.