Head of National Ads Sales (Bellevue)
OfferUp is dedicated to changing the way people buy and sell in their communities. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., the company offers iOS and Android apps that make selling an item as easy as snapping a picture from your mobile device. Founded in April 2011, OfferUp is reinventing local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust. In 2020, OfferUp combined with letgo to reach more than 20M monthly users.
At a Glance
- 100M+ Downloads
- 20M+ monthly users
- Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
- OfferUp works directly with nearly 2,000 US law enforcement agencies to build trust in local communities
About the role:
Are you a customer-focused Sales Leader and want to work at one of Seattle’s most successful Pre-IPO startups? OfferUp is seeking a Head of Ad Sales who is passionate about taking a New Sales Team and product from MVP to Launch and scale. You will work cross-functionally with our advertising product org, Sales, and Marketing teams to drive our services’ launch, growth, and adoption with National Brands and Advertisers. You have hands-on experience influencing the launch, scaling, and driving advertising technology adoption. You have a proven track record of closing new business with large national advertisers, a deep understanding of advertisers’ business needs, and an ability to prioritize and synthesize those needs for our product team so they can rapidly drive product innovation and value for retailers. Initially focused on acquiring our first 5-10 advertisers, eventually, you will be required to grow and lead a team around you. You must be a highly motivated person with a history of success helping set and attain monthly, quarterly, and annual goals/budgets. Past experience in hiring and growing a motivated and successful sales team is required.
Here’s more of what you will get to do
- Work cross-functionally with product leadership and other internal teams to develop our advertising technology strategy and go-to-market plans
- Develop a targeted pipeline of advertisers who may benefit from our advertising solutions to drive program adoptions and feedback mechanisms, ultimately converting that to new business.
- Translate advertiser feedback into product requirements and collect market intelligence to help guide the overall direction of the sales strategy.
- Cultivate relationships and influence senior leadership within our advertisers
- Meet or exceed annual advertiser acquisition and revenue targets
- Communicate program vision, customer impact, progress, and plans to internal teams
- Constantly strive to increase the team around talent, execution, process design, goals, and incentives
- Take an ownership role in the continued build-out and documentation of infrastructure and process of acquiring and on-boarding Advertisers, balancing strong and standard execution with Simplification.
- Present results in weekly and monthly Business Review meetings to key internal stakeholders and executives
- Establish a scalable sales process/framework
- Lead by example, then grow and inspire an organization comprised of senior sales executives focused on advertiser acquisition
- Hire and develop Sales Executives and possibly leaders to support continued aggressive growth
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- 5-10+ years sales management, including front line or second level leadership roles
- 7+ years’ digital ad sales experience
- Experience selling advertising to large brands or digital agencies required
- Experience identifying, developing, negotiating, and executing strategic business agreements
- Extensive experience with Salesforce or comparable CRM
- Strong team management, analytical, and organizational skills
- Problem-solving mindset
- Ability to thrive in an ever changing growing environment, adapting on the fly to new business requirements and challenges
- Exceptional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team, on multiple projects
- Bachelor’s degree
- All OfferUp employees are required to receive Covid-19 vaccinations unless an employee requires an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Helpful, but not required:
- Startup experience
- Past experience acquiring business to new to market platforms
- Proven ability to influence others
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Expert use of MS Office Suite, CRMs (e.g. Salesforce.com), and other systems
- Knowledge or understanding of Gong.io, or Outreach
- Knowledge of competitors in online selling marketplaces
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally, and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
OfferUp’s success is centered in our ability to build community and empower everyone to connect and prosper. Inclusion is central to our concept of a healthy community and our company’s values are centered in diversity. We are fully committed to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience. The celebration of our identities fuels our innovation and connects us to our customers and the communities we serve.